Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there was a thread on here within the last couple of months that had a great idea to make the application of armadillo easier. it was to cake the armadillo on the weapon, and then stick the bastard in the toaster oven to melt the armadillo so that it can reach all the crevices. then pull it out, let it dry (solidify) and buff it out.

the procedure works as described, however, the caveat is this: Don't REALLY REALLY cake it on. That's what i did, right before i spent the last 5 hours getting it out of every place that was uneasily accessible.

however, now i know that every piece of the weapon is protected !! :)

just a heads up. don't put it everywhere like i did, unless you're a glutton for punishment.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I microwave some water in a dish, then put another dish (smaller) into the larger one, with Armadillo in it. Melts the armadillo down just enough to make it nice and easy to apply. I heat the slide with the hairdryer. Works like a champ. But the Blue Wonder guy that posts here did warn that armadillo in liquid form is HIGHLY FLAMMABLE. So be careful folks, don't need any "How Armadillo Earned Me 6 Months of Skin Graphs" stories. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
309 Posts
I simply apply the armadillo as described on the label, then I use a hairdryer to heat the slide and armadillo so that it liquifies. Then I rub it in and buff it out. Nice.....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I kinda like the extra time it takes when using Armadillo.
Gives me extra sacred cleaning time with the XD
Enables me to relax.
Light an incense, crank some tunes, crack open a cold one, and let the cleaning commence
Ahh relaxing. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:
I kinda like the extra time it takes when using Armadillo.
Gives me extra sacred cleaning time with the XD
Enables me to relax.
Light an incense, crank some tunes, crack open a cold one, and let the cleaning commence
Ahh relaxing. :D
now i'm in teh mood for a beer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts