Springfield XD Forum banner

Are you satisfied with the current moderation?

• Yes

• No

4K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Ed Ely 
#1 ·

Vote!

DON'T BE A CHILD IN MY THREAD!!

#4 ·
[TASF said:
Maverick]The question is somewhat confusing. I think I'm answering the question "Should changes be made" but the question is actually "Am I satisfied with moderation." Arg!

I just don't read what certain people write.
I changed it, and accidentally voted wrong.

#8 ·
Being the only active moderator on this forum, I am looking forward to poll results. If you voted 'no', would you mind posting you reasoning for voting that way. I can only improve with feedback. If you prefer, you can send me a PM instead.

I am a big boy with tough skin. You won't hurt my feelings.

OS

#11 ·
mr0w1 said:
Is this still going on?
+1

That being said, yes I am happy with current moderation. Do you guys really want a babysitter telling you to be what you can and can't say? Or should we just try our best to ignore what pisses us off? I tried posting once or twice in the politcal forum and realized I wasn't going to change anyones opinion.

Now it is just like watchin NASCAR. I tune in for the wrecks :lol:

#12 ·
I am perfectly happy with the moderation.

Another member here once invited me to a gun forum.. I won't mention the name... Anyway.. my second post was altered, and the third was deleted! (Needless to say, I never posted there again, or visited.) And I didn't even say "****" or "****" or anything! (This was in a section about literature.)

People have to have some latitude to post their thoughts. I think the more latitude the better.

Raymond

#13 ·
Old School said:
Being the only active moderator on this forum, I am looking forward to poll results. If you voted 'no', would you mind posting you reasoning for voting that way. I can only improve with feedback. If you prefer, you can send me a PM instead.

I am a big boy with tough skin. You won't hurt my feelings.

OS
Tough skin may not be enough. Go look in your closet right now and see if you have a suit of chain mail. All good moderators should have at least that kind of protection for emergency situations. If you have enough points and can afford the best armor then as a moderator you should have it available for immediate use. Wear it at all times. Same goes for weapons. Get the best weapons available. And remember, never ever attack anyone with just a big stick. They break.

#16 ·
I agreed to help Kermee moderate the site. I did not agree to being a hard ass, baby sitter, or Nazi. I don't think a moderator has to be a tough guy. That power to kill lies in the collective hands of the membership. If someone gets out of line, the members will swarm. Remember Computer Nerd (however he spelled it)?

No need to wear armor nor carry a big stick when in the company of gentlemen. I have a protective cup for that.

#18 ·
Yes, it's fine. I find most of the political discussions irritating due to individuals that go well out of their way to make inflammatory remarks aimed at other individuals. And it never fails, the target person gets suckered into a long dragged out, boring bout.

Although I wish they’d just resort to pistols at dawn, I’m satisfied by simply ignoring them. It’s like the crap on TV. If you don’t like it, change the channel.

#22 ·
I've only been here a short time in comparison to most others, but I like the method of moderating in moderation. There have been a few out of the ordinary posts, but for the most part it's been fine. Good job Mods!!

#25 ·
I haven't given up on you old school. Just give me a little time to regain my confidence in you.

Is there going to be an official announcement for the new moderator. A blinding flash of light? A sudden and sharp clap of thunder? Black helicopters in the sky? How bout a light show? That would be cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.