Springfield XD Forum banner

Are you satisfied with the current moderation?

• Yes

• No

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
I've only been here a short time in comparison to most others, but I like the method of moderating in moderation. There have been a few out of the ordinary posts, but for the most part it's been fine. Good job Mods!!

I haven't given up on you old school. Just give me a little time to regain my confidence in you.

Is there going to be an official announcement for the new moderator. A blinding flash of light? A sudden and sharp clap of thunder? Black helicopters in the sky? How bout a light show? That would be cool!

I am trying to setting up a dancing monkey, however, he is very busy these days. As for Ed, we are awaiting his confirmation of accepting the new authority. Should know something shortly.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I voted no because, as TASF pointed out, my first thread and poll question were different and it blew up in my face. It even confused me. I meant to vote "Yes" I am pleased with the moderation.

I am also pleased with everyone, on most sites a forum like this couldnt work, because of hate and emotion.

I am happy with the moderation but rarely read anything in the political section. I have always hated politics, everyone has an opinion, that does not mean they have to express it ALL the time. Congrats Ed!

I was already, and glady welcome Bro. Ed to the position. :)

I am relatively new here, but have found it to be a well moderated and welcoming forum. I enjoy the fact that people can be open and express their opinons; good or bad. As you said, usually the members seem to keep each other in line. I too rarely visit the political section however, so can not comment on that area. Thanks,

I have avoided the Political Forum for a bunch of weeks now (I have a short attention span anyway) as there is very little information that I can see. It has turned into a big petty fingerpointing arena with egos out of control.

The repetitive political bashing is predictable and tiresome. If you want a hatefest, start your own blog. If you want to discuss, then be willing to discuss. Leave your egos at the door.

Old School has done a good job of hands off moderating. If it was up to me I would shut the forum down for a couple of months to filter out the trash. It would save Old School a lot of hassle around the holidays. Then I would only open it up for an hour a day. :shock:

'Good thing I'm not king! :evil:

Don said:
I have avoided the Political Forum for a bunch of weeks now (I have a short attention span anyway) as there is very little information that I can see. It has turned into a big petty fingerpointing arena with egos out of control.

The repetitive political bashing is predictable and tiresome. If you want a hatefest, start your own blog. If you want to discuss, then be willing to discuss. Leave your egos at the door.

Old School has done a good job of hands off moderating. If it was up to me I would shut the forum down for a couple of months to filter out the trash. It would save Old School a lot of hassle around the holidays. Then I would only open it up for an hour a day. :shock:

'Good thing I'm not king! :evil:
I'd be tempted to ban certain people from posting in the political forum.

one-eyed-fatman said:
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Yeah,
ED Ely is a MOD :!: :!:
:D
Yes I see that. Ed has also made it known that he supports os 100%. Until a couple months ago I also supported os 100%. Should be interesting. I can only hope good comes of this.
OEFM, has it been interesting so far?

Has good become of the decision?

Your comments will be appreciated since
two months have expired since Old School's
decision.

Ed

Ed Ely said:
one-eyed-fatman said:
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Yeah,
ED Ely is a MOD :!: :!:
:D
Yes I see that. Ed has also made it known that he supports os 100%. Until a couple months ago I also supported os 100%. Should be interesting. I can only hope good comes of this.
OEFM, has it been interesting so far?

Your comments will be appreciated since
two months have expired since Old School's
decision.

Ed
As far as OS picking you as a moderator? No problem at all.

I would say yes, mostly because OS now has someone he can talk things over with now before a decision is made. And now R Dub is here so that's also a plus.

The problem with this forum is mainly in the political section. That's where people really get wired up and sometimes weird. That's probably where you guys need to start getting a little more hardcore. I don't really want to see the political section go away but I wouldn't hesitate to toss a grenade that way to save the forum.

OEFM, thanx. That is the kind of feedback that is
needed to keep the forum vibrate, energetic and
alive. I am sure that the other two Mods will read
this and take into consideration your suggestion(s).

Feedback is always solicited via PM to any and all
of us. The pay is horribly low, the hours are long
and you task masters crack a mean whip, but we
are here for all because this forum means so much
to us, each and every one, from the oldest member
to the youngest.

Ed

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.