Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year!

My wife just keeps shaking her head!

Back in November, I finally bought the XD 45ACP Compact Tactical I have been wanting for several years. This is one of the most FUN guns to shoot I have ever owned.

Then in December, I bought an XD(m) 9mm. This one I am storing away to give to my son when he turns 21 in three years. I feel that anything with a nineteen round magazine will not be available then if Hussien O'B has his way. I think it would be nice to be able to surprise my son with something that cannot be purchased at that time.

Right before Christmas, I stumbled across a deal on a used Mossberg 500A which made a great present from Santa for my son. Great Skeet Gun!

Right before New Years, I bought a AR15 - A2 kit and receiver. Why because I have always wanted one. Belated Christmas present ot myself. 30 Round Mags, Flash Suppressor, Carry Handle; do you think BHO wants me to have this?

I am also in the middle of restoring an Arisake Type 99 with intact Chrysanthemum that my Dad brought back from WWII. (still trying to find a good deal on a replacement stock)

Building a 50 cal. Hawken (down to carving on the stock). The stock was for a late model, circ. 1840, and I am reshaping it to the contours of the Rendevous era circ. 1820.

Question, Does this make me a
a) Panic buyer scared of BHO
b) Certifiable Gun Nut
c) Wise Man
d) Poor Man
e) All of the above
f) none of the above

What's your story?

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Unless you are buying 4 lowers and 10 Pmags at a time, I wouldn't consider you a panic buyer. Sounds like you just enjoy your guns!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I am going for E

All of the above.

Good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, forgot the Pmags!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sounds like you are just using BHO as an excuse to fulfill all your wishes right now... noting wrong with that!

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Im always looking for excuses to buy new guns.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
No, I am a "panic seller". I stockpiled tons of high cap Mags, and cool guns before the election. Now, I am raping people on Gunbroker for them.

They are paying me for my other goodies that I bought.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
No, I am a "panic seller". I stockpiled tons of high cap Mags, and cool guns before the election. Now, I am raping people on Gunbroker for them.

They are paying me for my other goodies that I bought.

Very nice!

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
FYI -

Most private sellers aren't asking inflated market prices for their used stuff. Most private sellers that I know around here are getting laid off and liquidating their stuff cheap. Nice profit to turn if you have the bucks to buy the stuff, and can find the people nedding to sell. I got 5000 rounds of 7.62 x 39, sealed Golden Tiger for dirt cheap off a guy recently laid off. Keep your eyes peeled.

Also, the panic pricing is totally set by the consumer. Walk into your dealer all wild eyed, and he will trat you accordingly. I called my local AK builder yesterday, and asked him how much for another Polish AK underfolder. His prices were really VERY fair, and he said he isn't having a tough time getting parts and kits. He has around 20 builds done, waiting to sell at the next show, right now.

So, people are running out and buying trash AK's for $700, when they could call this guy and get a nice underfolder built on Polish and Romanian(not WASR) parts kits, 922r on Ohio Ordnance Works receivers for $600 or $700.

It is a panic environment, if you don't know where to look.

Also, it is a good time to buy the stuff that people aren't rushing to buy. my dealer had really fair prices on revolvers, cause he is sitting on them while everyone buys the other stuff. So, I picked up a Night Watch .357.

To the OP, you aren't panic buying, if you aren't overpaying. You are more like a "gun glutton". LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I myself like many of you are gun nuts. It's my hobby, take away my guns and you better put me in a padded room. At the moment I'm buying as much ammo as I can possibly afford. Ammo continues to go up, but I'm quit complacent with with gun count. Just need to add a .22 pistol and I'm good. Later down the road maybe a .223 bolt action. With president elect Obama, things may get worse. I'm one that I would rather be prepared, then get cought with my pants down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wise Man if BHO keeps his campaign promises. Post a picture of your Hawken when finished.

·
Registered
45 Posts
b) Certifiable Gun Nut
c) Wise Man
d) Poor Man
e) All of the above
f) none of the above
I'll go with
g) Way better off financially than me.

You lucky rascal! I hope all your kids are born naked and with no teeth! :)
Sheff

·
Registered
60 Posts
Happy New Year!

My wife just keeps shaking her head!

Back in November, I finally bought the XD 45ACP Compact Tactical I have been wanting for several years. This is one of the most FUN guns to shoot I have ever owned.

Then in December, I bought an XD(m) 9mm. This one I am storing away to give to my son when he turns 21 in three years. I feel that anything with a nineteen round magazine will not be available then if Hussien O'B has his way. I think it would be nice to be able to surprise my son with something that cannot be purchased at that time.

Right before Christmas, I stumbled across a deal on a used Mossberg 500A which made a great present from Santa for my son. Great Skeet Gun!

Right before New Years, I bought a AR15 - A2 kit and receiver. Why because I have always wanted one. Belated Christmas present ot myself. 30 Round Mags, Flash Suppressor, Carry Handle; do you think BHO wants me to have this?

I am also in the middle of restoring an Arisake Type 99 with intact Chrysanthemum that my Dad brought back from WWII. (still trying to find a good deal on a replacement stock)

Building a 50 cal. Hawken (down to carving on the stock). The stock was for a late model, circ. 1840, and I am reshaping it to the contours of the Rendevous era circ. 1820.

b) Certifiable Gun Nut
c) Wise Man
d) Poor Man
e) All of the above
f) none of the above

What's your story?
I would not do anything to the Arisaka at all, it is worth far more unmolested!
I can honestly say I am a bit of a panic buyer. I have bought my XD 45C, have two AR15 lowers on order and have been buying as much ammo as I can find.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would not do anything to the Arisaka at all, it is worth far more unmolested!
I can honestly say I am a bit of a panic buyer. I have bought my XD 45C, have two AR15 lowers on order and have been buying as much ammo as I can find.
I understand that, but the fore stock on the Arisaka is shattered. A bullet went through it just under the barrel right where your left hand would go. The Japanese soldier had evidently bled out from his wound as the bullet and stock shrapnel shredded his arm. The stock is literally in two pieces.

I thought restoring it to one piece would be the way to go. What do you think.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I would go with D. If you can afford it you may want to consider a "bauble" for the wife, let her know you care and that she's not chopped liver.

I've been on a binge myself. After a 30 year layoff from handgun shooting I got back into it late last summer. In October it was an XDm-40 with 10 magazines. Then in November it was a Sig P239-40 to go with my freshly printed CPL. December it was IWB and OWB holsters for the Sig. Then yesterday it was a Smith & Wesson model 67-1 revolver for double action range practice. Plus running the 2 nearest Walmarts out of bulk WWB and UMC 40 caliber in addition to stocking up an HD ammo. Now I will be looking for some wood grips to pretty up the S&W and an OWB holster to carry it in, plus a case of 38 spl. range ammo. Finally, I'm trying to decide between a Sig P226 or P229 Elite Stainless. Handgun shooting sure is fun but it's getting a bit expensive.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts