Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an XDM 9mm Compact and a XDM 9mm Competition. The 19 round magazines are interchangeable between them (give or take the plastic X-tension piece).

Are the new XDM Elite 9mm 22 round magazines backward compatible with the original XDM 9mm pistols? I would consider them compatible if the only modification necessary were to be sliding a plastic piece on or off.

===> SOLVED. See below. <===

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just now got an email directly from Springfield. (That was quick!)

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory. The XDM Elite magazines will work in the original XDM model of firearms. The original XDM magazines will not work in the XDM Elite model of firearms.

Angie P | Customer Service
Team Springfield
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
Excellent! Time to start shopping!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good to know.
I'm guessing that it's the extra length added by the mag funnel that keeps the (older) 19rd mags from seating.
Most likely. I think they have different mag bases also? Looks like the elite mags say 19 on them and the base looks different. I wonder if you can get the spring and base for a standard 19 rounder and make it a 22? I suppose ya could just get an after market base/spring and do the same thing though.
I would like to see one in a standard xdm. I wouldn’t think it would look to bad, may order a couple regardless.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
The nineteen, twenty, and twenty-two round magazines use different bases, but the same nineteen round body. The thirty-five round magazine works in any 9MM XDM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts