Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I here everyone on here getting trigger jobs and i was just wondering what the hype is about. I dont know much about guns so if you could inform me on it id appreciate it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
A good trigger job will smooth out any stacking or creep it might have, will generally lighten it (though to different weights depending on if you're going for a competition gun of a defense gun), and will generally smooth out the three parts (not literal parts) of a trigger pull: the pretravel (where you can get creepy or stacking triggers) the actual pull and reset, and the overtravel (the movement of the trigger after the sear release).

Well, anyway, to answer your question, definitely not limited to competition pistols. Whenever you see a high-end defensive pistol, it's had a trigger job. :)

Andy

·
Registered
782 Posts
Generally they say you don't want less than a 4lb trigger pull on a carry gun, but there are definitely trigger jobs that improve the trigger for a carry gun. For a competition gun some people go down to around 2lb.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
My Xd is the only pistol I carry on a regualr basis that has not had a trigger job. I like to have the grtttiness smoothed out and lighten it up to about 4-5 pounds.

I have had trigger/action jobs done on both my 1911s, the Hi-Power and my Single Action Army and they made very dramatic differences in how they shot.

-Brickboy240

1 - 6 of 6 Posts