Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two MagPal Windowed PMAGS 30 round from an online retailer last week. However every Pmag I have ever bought (all windowless) Have been in the little zip lock type bag with the Magpal boarder cardboard in it. These however came in a totally sealed white on one side clear on the other plastic bag. On the tag it says
PMAG Maglevel
(Next Line) 30 Rd AR15/M16
(Next Line) MAG210-BLK
then made in the USA
Are these real? Why are the packaged differently? They were sold as new and seem to be as such!

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
I bought two MagPal Windowed PMAGS 30 round from an online retailer last week. However every Pmag I have ever bought (all windowless) Have been in the little zip lock type bag with the Magpal boarder cardboard in it. These however came in a totally sealed white on one side clear on the other plastic bag. On the tag it says
PMAG Maglevel
(Next Line) MAG210-BLK
then made in the USA
Are these real? Why are the packaged differently? They were sold as new and seem to be as such!
Mine came that way too and they work fine. However, I too thought it was strange so I looked them over with the other Pmags I have. My "older" Pmags have a "2" mark on them where the "newer" ones have a "1". It can be assumed that getting the print material, packaging and product assembled would have taken longer.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look real and feel the same feel like quality but the packing was weird to me.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
can you tell us the which online retailer you purchased these from...this might give a hint of real or fake.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes Yes Yes

They are fake. You should send them to me for proper disposal. I'll send you $10 for shipping!!!:grin:

I'd suggest loading them up and seeing how they function/feed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
They sound real. The first ones I ever bought were black windowed Pmags. They came in the plastic ziplock with no insert. That was because from my understanding that the retailer I purchesed from must have bought in bulk from Magpul. If you look at the mag itself, there should be a little circle imprinted on it which will tell you the month and year is was manufactured. THAT would be a good indicator if it's real or not. PLUS, did it come with the removable cap that goes over the feed lips for when it's loaded? As far as I know, ALL Pmags come with that. Hope this helps ya out some.

If nothing else, and Lex isn't available, I'll take em from you for proper disposal. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
can you tell us the which online retailer you purchased these from...this might give a hint of real or fake.
Global Tactical Supply

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got some in the same packaging. Seem to be legit. Don't think it would have took so long to receive a fake pmag.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are real the mag checks out, and has the cover as well I bought it from well I can't find the confirmation page, I found the link on here.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
They're real but if you need 100% confirmation send them to me and I'll be happy to test them out for and return them after my long review period.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
yea they are in generic plastic bags with a white backing. I suppose these arent the designed "retail" packaging like retail computer parts vs OEM computer parts. They are real, I received my shipment yesterday. Packaged for bulk and wholesale dealers

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
GTS is a great place to deal with, I've bought stuff from there several times now. One particular purchase was Pmags and they were the real deal. (of course mine were regular retail packs so that probably doesn't help in this situation)

I've actually talked with Denny on the phone, he's a No BS kinda fellow too, I called to ask if they actually had some troy BUIS in stock, his reply was "yep, got a hundred of 'em" then we ended up having a 15 minute chat about the election and how f'd up things are right now.

I wouldn't worry about them. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i got 5 20 rounders from TJ that came the same way, except its a ziplock bag just doesnt have the cardboard. i bet they ran out of the cardboard things or figured there was no point in paying the extra money to get them printed

·
Registered
189 Posts
PMAG Maglevel
(Next Line) MAG210-BLK
then made in the USA

PMags are made by Magpul......if yours say "Magpal" (as you said in your post), you might have a fake.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
i got 5 20 rounders from TJ that came the same way, except its a ziplock bag just doesnt have the cardboard. i bet they ran out of the cardboard things or figured there was no point in paying the extra money to get them printed
Let me guess they were black? I think they just ran out of the black cardboard inserts. I've ordered both recently and the FDE had the cardboard insert while the black did not.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
I'll post pics in a sec. I got some from GTS. GTS site supposedly isn't secure according to someone in the Pmag thread, but he's yet to respond with his reasoning :p

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Those are real. Sad we live in a day and age where we are constantly questioning whether we are getting ripped off or not.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts