Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well all the ones ive seen are gray and everything on my rifle is black so i dont think it would look good.
right now i have a M4 type collapsable stock and that is black but on my 18" rifle with a scope there is no need for the collapsable one as i allways have it extended when i shoot it. It also looks goofy with that stock on there since it has a long free float tube and a bi-pod. i bought the stock first and then went in a different direction with my build.
I am taking that stock off to use on my Short barreled rifle so im going to need a new stock anyways and i might get an ACE stock but i would prefer the A2 stock if i could get it in black

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
It won't make it black, but spraying a standard A2 stock with a good coat of RemOil and letting it set in darkens it considerably.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Crazy as this sounds, it works fine. Bondo for the dings and Krylon Semi-Gloss black spray paint for the black. Acetone it first. Enjoy. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crazy as this sounds, it works fine. Bondo for the dings and Krylon Semi-Gloss black spray paint for the black. Acetone it first. Enjoy. HB of CJ :) :) :)
ive used krylon on a gun before. it worked great untill i got some solvent on it.

after that i used some car clear coat over it and that prevented the solvent from damaging the paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts