Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if maybe the quality of the newer xd's not as up to standard as the older ones. I'am not talking about the hs2000 but the older springfield xd's. It seems like alot of people are having ftf and fte problems and i have not had any of these problems out of 6 different xd's which i still own because of there reliability. I understand there is alot of people on this site so maybe its just cause you will get problems out of about anything if you compare 1000's of the same gun. Wish everyone had the luck with there pistols like ive had with mine. This is just a question i was wondering about. This question might have been asked in the past iam not for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The vast majority of people here have had no issues what so ever with their guns. I am sure their are some "Lemons" in every batch, I am equally sure that in many cases these perceived problems are caused by things such as poor grip, poor stance, unfortunate ammo choice.

I have 2 XD's a Sub and a Service the sub has 7K'ish rounds thru it and the Service has 4K'ish thru it. The only problems I have had were using some Focchi 100 grain truncated cone ammo, other than that I have had one FTE with the gun but I don't even really remember what the deal was there.

I think there are solid guns, I also think you tend to see a disproportionate amount of complaints on a site like this, I also think as I said above in many cases but not all the problems are operator error.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought a tactical just a few weeks ago which already has over 1500 rounds through it without a single glitch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would say the newer ones are better. The first XD-9 I had had the old style extractor. And yes, it did have extraction problems. I got rid of it and got two new ones with the new style extractor and they work fine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ender said:
I have 2 XD's a Sub and a Service the sub has 7K'ish rounds thru it and the Service has 4K'ish thru it. The only problems I have had were using some Focchi 100 grain truncated cone ammo, other than that I have had one FTE with the gun but I don't even really remember what the deal was there.

I think there are solid guns, I also think you tend to see a disproportionate amount of complaints on a site like this, I also think as I said above in many cases but not all the problems are operator error.
it appears the .40 caliber round is causing a bit of a problem with some feeding issues. i don't anticipate having any problems with the 9mm i'm picking up this evening.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I keep a log after every trip to the range:

My new XD-40 Tactical: 0 failures in 1200 rounds
My Glock: 2 failures in ~1600 rounds
My Kimber: 5 failures in ~3300 rounds
(Kimber with .22 slide >100 failures in 6000 rounds - I stopped counting on that one)

As far as reliability, the Springfield is batting 1.00000.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
id also say the newer ones are more reliable. i have a 4" with what i believe is the older extractor. my newer 3" has no problems.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I think the quality has gone up as far as overall looks, although a lot of new ones I feel have really "gritty" triggers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got mine a few weeks ago. Been shooting it a couple times a week. ZERO failures of any sort. And my trigger does not feel gritty at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have had no problems...but

when the slide is locked back, and i let the slide release go, it seems like the first round always wants to jam, like it kinda hesitates then chambers the round....hasnt messed up yet...knock on wood.

Anyone else ever have this?

·
Registered
375 Posts
dsg2003gt said:

when the slide is locked back, and i let the slide release go, it seems like the first round always wants to jam, like it kinda hesitates then chambers the round....hasnt messed up yet...knock on wood.

yep. that's how i could replicate my FTF's on the range with my xd40. i would lock the slide back, have a full magazine in, and release the slide, and it would jam. "ruined" a bunch of hydra-shoks that way, shoved the bullet into the cartridge. sent the slide to SA, they polished the feed ramp.

dn
cincinnati, oh
xd40
xd9sc

·
Registered
17 Posts
dsg2003gt said:

------------Yes, My new Tactical XD 45GAP had a FTF everytime I dropped the slide with the slide release. Found out it never failed to feed if I pull the slide back and released it on a full mag. It's going to take some getting use to pulling that slide back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 40 is alittle slow on the first rnd when i got a full 12 rnd. in the mag. Its just the pressure on the slide I've had no problems tho.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I get FTF all the time with WWB, my gun just doesnt like it. I have never shot a glock or springfield or any pistol that didnt fail on some type of ammo.

I often see people at the range who's guns jam alot, its obviously because they arent shooting right and think they are in the movies.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts