No malfunctions.

·
Premium Member
21,763 Posts
Did.... someone say they were?

·
Premium Member
21,763 Posts
if you stay exposed to enemy fire more than 1 second at a time, only luck will save you. you can't hit more than 6x per second, and you can swap mags in 2 seconds or less, while behind cover. So all any double stack offers is fantasy. If you need it, God help you, because you miss too frequently and have too many enemies. If you need a double stack, you need a rifle, body armor, smoke, tear gas, mask, frags, and friends. u r in way over your head if all you have is a pistol.
Gecko 45 is that you?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If we are talking Promag they might be ... I have tried 2 Promags over the years and neither worked very well. I hear some grief from Hipoint owners but mostly about the older ones.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Gecko 45 is that you?
Seriously. That saying gets overused, but this time I think it really is.

if you stay exposed to enemy fire more than 1 second at a time, only luck will save you. you can't hit more than 6x per second, and you can swap mags in 2 seconds or less, while behind cover. So all any double stack offers is fantasy. If you need it, God help you, because you miss too frequently and have too many enemies. If you need a double stack, you need a rifle, body armor, smoke, tear gas, mask, frags, and friends. u r in way over your head if all you have is a pistol.

Why does everything have to be about gearing up for a hypothetical war for some people? Maybe the OP just wants a range toy. Nothing wrong with that. You didn't need to make up situations and numbers for this one bro.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unfortunatly most people think that firearms are only for war. They can't see them in a tool aspect so they must come up with a way to make the firearm look how they concive it. This is typically because they are a anti-gun, mall ninja fantasizer or they are a child who wants to be gi joe.
P.S. On the original subject high cap mags are unreliable is a myth most think because they have soo many rounds they jam more often this is not true.
Just be ready if it's a range item for the idiots that precive things like Bille to give you that "whatcha doing witha machine pistol duhhhh".(sorry for being a jerk to the guy but i don't like people who are mall ninjas or who even seem like one and only a mall ninja could come up with that).
Have a nice day hope most of this helped.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mostly want it as a range toy, but I also want it because I can. I'm a strong supporter of gun freedom and the 2nd amendment, scumbags in Washington trying to ban them make me more inclined to buy them.

2 mags in 1 would also save money, if they work and are reliable that is.

We also need to reject the 'taboo' they are creating. First it was silencers, then assault weapons, now extended magazines. Eventually it will be 'taboo' to even own a gun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Eventually it will be 'taboo' to even own a gun.
In the minds of some it is already 'taboo' to own a gun.

·
Premium Member
21,763 Posts
I mostly want it as a range toy, but I also want it because I can. I'm a strong supporter of gun freedom and the 2nd amendment, scumbags in Washington trying to ban them make me more inclined to buy them.

2 mags in 1 would also save money, if they work and are reliable that is.

We also need to reject the 'taboo' they are creating. First it was silencers, then assault weapons, now extended magazines. Eventually it will be 'taboo' to even own a gun.
Well if your if thats your purpose then say it. You just kinda came out of the blue with those vids.

But yes I agree that the Gov should not restrict round count in a mag.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I read some bad reviews about pro-mag on here and elsewhere. But it seemed to work fine in all of the videos. Maybe I'll check it out.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The only reliable extended pistol mags that I know of are Glock factory mags. I don't know why Springfield doesn't address this issue.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The only reliable extended pistol mags that I know of are Glock factory mags. I don't know why Springfield doesn't address this issue.
Not enough demand, maybe? I don't really know. Personally, the standard magazines are all I need.

My carry setup includes a double mag pouch, so I have 58 rounds with me (20 in the gun, plus 19 x 2). I might pick up an XDm compact, and in that case I'd have 52. I don't know what kind of f'ed up day I'm having if I need all that, but as the cliche goes, it's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

At the range, I've been firing five shot strings, and I'll load up three mags with five shots each, so I'm not even using a lot of the capacity of my magazines there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I said this in another post alreadsy but it does pertain to this. The people on capital hill think that the right to bear arms only pertains to hunting and sport shooting nothing more, I ha always thought that it also included the right to defend ourselfs agins a tyranical government. Mag restrictions attemps to take away semi auto sports rifles shows our government is scared of it's own people. I am not anti government by any standard what I am aginst however is the government over stepping it's bounds. I feel we need to get back to our original ideals we need to refresh the fedral government and bring it back into the hands of the people.
P.S. sorry for the political agenda stuff but this is somthing im sur alot of us have a set opinion on that won't change anytime soon so when it comes to it we'll voice our opinion.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I said this in another post alreadsy but it does pertain to this. The people on capital hill think that the right to bear arms only pertains to hunting and sport shooting nothing more, I ha always thought that it also included the right to defend ourselfs agins a tyranical government. Mag restrictions attemps to take away semi auto sports rifles shows our government is scared of it's own people. I am not anti government by any standard what I am aginst however is the government over stepping it's bounds. I feel we need to get back to our original ideals we need to refresh the fedral government and bring it back into the hands of the people.
P.S. sorry for the political agenda stuff but this is somthing im sur alot of us have a set opinion on that won't change anytime soon so when it comes to it we'll voice our opinion.
This, of course, has nothing to do with the reliability or not of extended magazines.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you would have read I already posted on the initial subject this was in responce to what another person had wrote. I do know this had nothing to do with the original subject but it got parcially thread jacked.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Edit -- admin -- don't quote spammers, makes it harder to clean up.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amen.

Now back to the topic. I think the 4 vids show reliable pro-mag extended magazines. I hear they can be hit or miss though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts