Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a xd service model 9x19mm 4" barrel bi-tone and my friend has a xd tactical 9x19mm 5" barrel black/black.

can we share clips between these 2? neither of us is sure so we really be careful to make sure which is ours even tho they look the same.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
You should not have any problems but why would you want to?

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Wecome to the Forum XD Gunner from Texas. Yes..the "magazines" in this case, your case are interchangeable.

We are an anal retentive bunch here when it comes to our terminolgy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hair Clips? - Yuck!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Let's see if this works:

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Haha!

:D

That's funny right there.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Welcome to the real gun world.

You might have to a little thick skin sometimes, but there' alot to learn and lots of folks here to help you

Good luck :D

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
ok thanks but go easy on me! this is my first real gun. i only ever played cod and airsoft.

Welcome to the world of real guns. Let me give you some warnings/advise:

1.) real bullets make real holes so please be careful

2.) clips are the things that hold rounds before they go in a weapon or in a magazine. Magazines hold rounds in the weapon. Make sure you know the difference or groups of your weapon-loving peers will most likely burn you at the stake. Like was mentioned earlier, we are an anal retentive bunch.

3.) Also, bullets come out of guns, rounds go into them.

4.) MOST gun store clerks are like used car salesmen so go there to verify what you have already learned, not to learn from scratch.

5.) MANY gun people you meet online have zero knowledge and only want to make you feel dumb or pretend they are a character from a video game. XD talk is the most civil and informed gun site I have ever been to on the web so welcome to a safe(er) haven.

6.) Real bullets make real holes so please be careful.

7.) Assault is a verb, not a adjective.

8.) look at the front sight, not the target.

9.) know your rights and the laws.

10.) have fun and welcome to the addiction!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the world of real guns. Let me give you some warnings/advise:

1.) real bullets make real holes so please be careful

2.) clips are the things that hold rounds before they go in a weapon or in a magazine. Magazines hold rounds in the weapon. Make sure you know the difference or groups of your weapon-loving peers will most likely burn you at the stake. Like was mentioned earlier, we are an anal retentive bunch.

3.) Also, bullets come out of guns, rounds go into them.

4.) MOST gun store clerks are like used car salesmen so go there to verify what you have already learned, not to learn from scratch.

5.) MANY gun people you meet online have zero knowledge and only want to make you feel dumb or pretend they are a character from a video game. XD talk is the most civil and informed gun site I have ever been to on the web so welcome to a safe(er) haven.

6.) Real bullets make real holes so please be careful.

7.) Assault is a verb, not a adjective.

8.) look at the front sight, not the target.

9.) know your rights and the laws.

10.) have fun and welcome to the addiction!
Very well stated!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Wow not as much flaming as normal. You guys are getting soft lol. Welcome and congrats on joining the gun world.

·
Registered
460 Posts
as long as they are both XDs and 9mm it'll fit regardless of model. if ones an XD and one's an XDM then it's a no go(unless it's in 45 ACP)

·
Registered
460 Posts
sorry for the double post but I would have to agree with that
a while back I saw a guy at my local indoor range, pist because a gun store sold him 1000 rounds of green tip(soft armor piercing) ammo for his ar15 and told him that all the indoor ranges would allow it. most range owners dont like holes in the back of their establishment haha. needless to say nobody would let him shoot in on their range and he was stuck with 1000 rounds of ammo he couldn't shoot

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
sorry for the double post but I would have to agree with that
a while back I saw a guy at my local indoor range, pist because a gun store sold him 1000 rounds of green tip(soft armor piercing) ammo for his ar15 and told him that all the indoor ranges would allow it. most range owners dont like holes in the back of their establishment haha. needless to say nobody would let him shoot in on their range and he was stuck with 1000 rounds of ammo he couldn't shoot
I'll give him $10 for it.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana and congrats on drinking our Kool Aid. Our addiction is expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can always just paint your initials on your magazines if you don't want to get them mixed up. MANY people do this for practice mags or duty mags, or mags that get dropped on the ground. I think you can probably use a Sharpie permanent marker too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I personally wouldn't switch mags especially if mine are newer.
Maybe ok just during a range session as long as my mags go home with me.
I know how new they are, when they were cleaned, and what the springs have been through.

Labeling is a good idea.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts