Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently PCS-ed to Ft. Lewis, and applied for CPL at the King County Sherrifs Office on 31 MAY 2011. There they had me printed useing the Livescan system. I just found out that I will have to do some TDY duty where a WA CPL does not have reciprocity, and now want to apply for a Non resident Florida CPL. Does anyone know if my livescans done in WA will be good for my FL CPL application, or will I need to get re fingerprinted?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not sure, but I had previously been fingerprinted in King County (for legitimate reasons; worked in the jail) and I still had to do the fingerprinting again. I think they just like to get a fresh set each time.

By the way, why did you apply at King County? Wouldn't Thurston or Pierce counties have been more convenient?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, but I had previously been fingerprinted in King County (for legitimate reasons; worked in the jail) and I still had to do the fingerprinting again. I think they just like to get a fresh set each time.

By the way, why did you apply at King County? Wouldn't Thurston or Pierce counties have been more convenient?
My wife will be attending UW, so we purchased a home in Seattle. The commuting traffic between Seattle and Ft. Lewis is horrible...

·
Registered
403 Posts
My wife will be attending UW, so we purchased a home in Seattle. The commuting traffic between Seattle and Ft. Lewis is horrible...
Yikes! Yeah, that's You guys couldn't have compromised by buying in Kent or Federal Way or some place like that? That would have saved you a fair chunk of commuting time.

Anyway, welcome to the area and good luck with settling in. This is a great place to live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts