Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in IPSC production or IDPA?

Thinking of getting the 40 tactical and getting a 9mm conversion bbl. I just don't know if this 9mm would then be legal because I guess technically the slide is a bit diff and thus it is not the way it came from the factory. I don't know if this has been addressed anywhere. Anyone with insight?

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The gun has to be in factory configuration to be in production. You can have a match barrel put in, buyt it has to be the same caliber as the original. Otherwise you go to L-10 or limited.

You can change sites, do trigger work, match barrel, or refinish the gun.. But not change caliber...It probably wouldn't matter at local matches, but would cause problems at regionals..

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
In IDPA, a conversion barrel in a SSP (stock) gun would put it into ESP (enhanced) or CDP (custom), depending on caliber. Since XDs are already in ESP, it would stay there. And, yes, they are "legal".

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, that's what I was wondering. guess I will just have to take that poker match winnings and apply it to my next pistol and not let go the tac9. Sure wish I'd had that w/ me Tuesday night. Would have been first not second. Maybe I'll just bring BOTH guns from now on. :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Rehabber said:
Legal Yes, Dependable no. The smaller 9mm casing does not extract reliably.
He asked about USPSA Production, under USPSA rules you cannot change the caliber in USPSA Production, else you'll have to shoot Limited or higher. If the person gets caught shooting this in a match (claiming Production shooting a 40 slide with a 9 barrel), then he will be defaulted to Open.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Are you going to be shooting a local match or the bigger regional matches or area championships?

If you are like me and happy to shoot the local matches I think you would be fine.

While technically not allowed in USPSA production class I've never had a local match even look at my gun, they just have you fill out the paperwork and ask you what class you are shooting in. Everyone is there to have a good time and they don't seem to worry about little things like that. The 9MM barrel in the .40 isn't going to give you any huge advantage over your competitors. I don't shoot well enough to threaten the top guys anyways, so no one is going to protest.

Now if you get a wild hair and decide to go shoot in a bigger match where they have prizes and stuff I think you would go home unhappy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts