Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just viewed the AGI AR15 Trigger Job video then did a trigger job on my AR it is light and nice and crisp. Anybody else seen this vid?

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I don't have a clue whether the OP is the only person to have viewed the video, or not. I haven't seen it. I'm using a JP trigger/hammer setup, with which I'm pleased.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Is the video online?

I polished my trigger to a mirror finish and polished the hammer notch but not as much. I also installed JP reduced power hammer and trigger springs. Lighter and crisp but have not fired it yet.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vids not online. Midway sells it so do some other online store. You can also rent it though smartflix.com. This vid shows detailed info on altering contact surfaces in order to get a two stage trigger. I was really impressed with it. I had seen the glock, XD, AR15, 1911 armorers vids so I decided to get the trigger job vid.

·
Registered
966 Posts
How much material are they saying to remove? I assume you have to alter the geometry at least a little with a file or stone.

Those components are case hardened which should be .030 to .060 deep. Remove more than that and you're into the ductile material and you'll start doubling after a couple hundred rounds when the parts wear.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
How much material are they saying to remove? I assume you have to alter the geometry at least a little with a file or stone.

Those components are case hardened which should be .030 to .060 deep. Remove more than that and you're into the ductile material and you'll start doubling after a couple hundred rounds when the parts wear.
You shouldn't be changing in angles. Case hardening is probably a lot thinner than .03" deep.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You remove very little just enough to alter the angle on the sear, trigger contact points then a bit on the disconnector. It's hard to describe witout pics. What I'm hearing over on AR15 is that the parts are now hard through and though and not just case hardened. I'll see how they wear after a few rounds. If it wears too fast I'll case harden them myself.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You shouldn't be changing in angles. Case hardening is probably a lot thinner than .03" deep.
You have to change the sear angle to make a decent amount of difference though. You can only gain so much by polishing. You can probably get around a 5-6lb pull by polishing but you can get much lighter if you change the geometry.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anybody seen the vid, if they haven't I recommend it highly. Great how to on making the stock trigger into a 2 stage trigger. I just finished my second trigger job, this one on my M4. I'm getting a midlength kit from delton tomorrow afternoon and I've already decided to do the same with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts