Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to build an AR15 in 300 blackout for some time now. I had my mine set on a Spikes Tactical Punisher or a Seekins Precision lower, but with some of the recent advancements idk. I have seen where Rainier Arms and Mega now have a tension screws in the lower to help take up slack in between the lower and upper if it develops, but both of them are high shelf. I can not find a low shelf forged receiver that has this tension screw. Or is this screw not that big of a deal and I could get another lower without it and get an accu-wedge if there is play. I want to buy a good forged receiver, not something cheap. I also am not interested in billet, even though some of the look freakin awesome, due to the price.

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
Rock River Arms has some nice lowers, IMO. You may wish to check them out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had looked at them in the past, but for some reason I am not much in the "Fire & Safe." I want the bullet pictograms. I have been also looking at Barnes Precision Machine, seeing they are made in house here in NC.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
They make very little difference. A little gap, will have a minimal effect on accuracy. The gap would have to be super large. Find a picture you like, and use that lower. Done! I have 3 punishers, I could be persuaded to let go of one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant find one from Aero precision with that screw in it

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Just do it :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Just buy a standard lower... That adjustment screw is not needed. If it was needed it would have been used for the past 50+ years on the AR platform

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Here is how I decide what lower I'm using... Logo and cost. I'm willing to pay up to 150 if I really like the logo. But typically I like to stay under 100. Spikes, Anderson, psa, lrb (sort of looks like a Springfield. Etc etc. Most I've paid for a lower was a Noveske chainsaw. The price was good so I scooped it up.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
why is it even a question? when this is an option;
I used to want to build a pistol with one of those and a flaming pig.
I actually REALLY like the seekins billet lowers!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
That's some sexy business! Just too expensive for me to justify.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's me, I love the Seekins and spikes billet lowers but not enough for what they're wanting . . .$$$

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Or that sweet vltor lower with the huge mag release. So sweet*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts