Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like your guys' opinion on doing an AR build. I was initially planning on getting a Stag Arms 3L as it has the flat top, no fixed sights, and a left side eject.
Then while talking to some friends (former military) they suggested I just build one to my specs. So I started doing some research. I found most of the stuff I want, except for the lower. I know as this will be my first one I don't want to spend a whole lot.
So, my question is this: what lower do you all recommend. I know that is subjective, but I want one with a good reputation. What companies have been around the longest and have the best reputation for building a good lower. I would also need the trigger assembly as I am lost on that was well. I have pretty much figured out what upper, barrel, stock, foergrip, etc I want. I am just lost on the lower since it is so important.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Jason

·
Registered
950 Posts
PSA lower for $79 and free shipping I bought 4 annd all were as good or better than other brands that cost a lot more. Assembled a rifle last week PSA lower and delton kit with some extras and works great. You have my vote hope it helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Most are pretty much the same if mil spec they are mostly cnc machined similar metal so it seems to be personal prefrence. JD macnine ,mega,stag,spikes when you look at them some have slightly different finish. I buyJD Machine bucause they are local to me.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I just completed my first build, and ordered a forged Mega Gator lower receiver from Addax Tactical.

I used a RRA LPK w/ RRA 2-stage NM trigger, and a completed upper from ARP in 6.8 SPC with 18" SPR stainless steel barrel. The upper receciver that ARP (AR Performance) currently uses is also Mega, so the fit and finish of upper and lower is fantastic.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Since you live in California, I would probably do a search for cali compliant lowers/builds that will probably narrow your decision.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Just a heads up on Spike's, they are up to eight weeks behind on production so you'll have to wait if you order one from them....I know this all too well :evil:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts