Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
The SIG is a good gun reliable, strong action/chamber good barrel reasonably accurate for what it is. Takes AR mags. There are a few small drawbacks

Parts may be hard to find compared to AR. It shouldn’t brake very often and there is a lifetime warranty.

Heavy on the front end, not to bad though. This helps stability shooting off hand

Only available in 5.56/.223 bad or good you decide

Not as many options/configs available which is fine if the SIG fits your needs and or wants.

There are so many types and configs. Of AR you can build or buy just about any thing to negate any flaws the AR rifle has or had

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I handled one at a show for about a 1/2 hour, came real close to buying it.....put it down. I just didn't like the "feel" of it. If I wasn't so used to the AR the story may have been different. It is a nice weapon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got a chance to "hold" one at a local gun shop, not bad, a little diff from the AR which I have had much experience with, dunno if I personaly liked the buttstock lookin like a AR setup I guess I was used to the 551 look. I guess one advantage would be the gas system.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
If they made them in .308 I'd already have one. I don't mind the M4 style stock and you could always buy the folding stock to put on there.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'm a fan of it, I'm not gonna trade in the AR for it but it looks like it would be a good gun. I know one of the guys I went to school with has one and loves it.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Sig 556 Classic that I'm hearing rumblings about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts