Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a nice Flashlight for my AR. I have been looking now for about 3 days and still don't know what im looking at.

I Want a good bright light that's dependable.

most of the lights i have seen have a screwed on rear cap for the on and off switch then come with a separate pressure switch. But was reading reviews and people complaining and some love it. Again wasn't sure.

Its not a must but would be nice to have a quick release mount.

I would like to stick around the 50$ price mark give or take.

Thanks to anyone with any help!!!

This was one of the lights i had in mind.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LIGHT151-1.html?utm_source=AR15com&utm_medium=EquipmentExchange&utm_campaign=LIGHT151ForumSocial020711#Reviews

·
Registered
3,144 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Big plus 1 for the Fenix TK11 :D. Hell of a light when you need it !!! Very bright with a great beam of light.
Here is a pic of mine, I have the TK11 R2 version.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well maybe i need to save up a little more...

so the only decent light is going to set me back 100$ for mount and all?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
For $60 you can get a G2 LED (120 Lumen) or $39 for the non LED version. Add a $25 QD mount, 1" rings, or a flashlight mount and you are GTG. It's been discontinued and I've seen them around for $45.

I've been running them on my AR and shotguns for several years. Cheap, lifetime warranty, and very effective.

Shop SureFire LED G2® Black Nitrolon® Flashlight at Lowes.com

Here is my AR with a QD mount. Probably 3500 rounds in the rain, mud, etc. It's been dropped, bumped, and at one point was submerged. Just shook off the water and the light just kept on going. I think the one on my shotgun has a couple hundred rounds including a few dozen magnum rounds without skiping a beat.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
A good weapon light will run you $100 or more, as other have said. This is the one I've got, and it's fantastic, but runs about $165. It's made from a surefire clone, and has been altered to take a rechargeable lithium battery. It comes with battery charger and a mount (quick-detach is one mount option).

KSCCW.com Forum

The guy can make just about any set-up you want. Click-on, twist-on with momentary switch, etc.

It's 350 actual lumens out the front of the lens. Here it is at
75 yards

Here's mine mounted to my AR-15

[/QUOTE]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts