Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed a PSA 556/223 build with the EPT nickel plated trigger. I have seen some YouTube videos on the improvement JP's reliability spring kit has made without causing any issues. Most claim that the trigger pull went down from @ 6lbs. to 4 to 4 1/2lbs. The spring kit only cost about $11 plus shipping, which doubles that amount. Any of the members have this kit installed on their AR's? Please share you thoughts, and experience.

·
Registered
29,596 Posts
EPT with JP Springs? Do you have the tool to check the trigger pull weight?
It’s not an EPT trigger, it’s actually just a straight GI with JP springset.

I didn’t measure, but the trigger is noticeably lighter than a standard GI.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Pretty much anything JP offers is good to go.

I'm probably gonna spend way too much money using their bolt and captured spring buffer assembly building an AR-9 soon...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up not getting the JP trigger spring kit. I ordered a LaRue MBT S2. They are on Sale till Christmas for $87 + shipping. I couldn't resist and have heard really good things about them. Also watched several positive videos on them as well. I understand that shipping is varied. Some people have got them in less than a week, and others have said three weeks is typical. I ordered on Monday, but haven't gotten any tracking info, but for the price, and the reviews I have seen I can be patient. At some point I will probably buy the JP Trigger Spring Kit, to put into a future build to compare the two heads up.

·
Premium Member
15,600 Posts
Pretty much anything JP offers is good to go.

I'm probably gonna spend way too much money using their bolt and captured spring buffer assembly building an AR-9 soon...
Their captured spring price is a hard pill to swallow... But it's all that and a bag of chips. They are super nice. Completely silent of course, but even removal and maintenance/cleaning... It's worth it.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I installed the JP enhanced reliability spring kit on my Bushmaster, along with the ALG Defense (QMS) trigger. That reduced the trigger pull from 7 lbs. to 5 lbs.

I also installed the JP enhanced reliability spring kit on my PSA AR 15, along with the PSA EPT trigger. The trigger pull was reduced from 7 lbs. to 4½ lbs. I can really feel the difference in both rifles now. They are much smoother and crisper. Also have not had any problems with light primer strikes on either rifle.

The best AR trigger I have is on my Ruger 556 MPR. It comes with the Ruger Elite 452 trigger group, which can be installed in any AR 15. It is a bit more than going with the EPT trigger and JP springs tho. Around $125. They claim 4½ lbs, but mine comes in at 3½ lbs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have never used there replacement spring kit but have both the Armageddon Gear Revolution Trigger EZ kit on one rifle and the drop in trigger kit on another. Both setups were first rate.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Ended up not getting the JP trigger spring kit. I ordered a LaRue MBT S2. They are on Sale till Christmas for $87 + shipping. I couldn't resist and have heard really good things about them. Also watched several positive videos on them as well. I understand that shipping is varied. Some people have got them in less than a week, and others have said three weeks is typical. I ordered on Monday, but haven't gotten any tracking info, but for the price, and the reviews I have seen I can be patient. At some point I will probably buy the JP Trigger Spring Kit, to put into a future build to compare the two heads up.
I've heard a lot of good stuff about them too. Like almost Geissele good at more than half the price. I kinda wanna try one...should probably do it by just ordering one of their Ultimate Upper kits...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My LaRue MBT S2 trigger came in before Christmas. It is one sweet looking trigger. Excellent quality build. I was hoping to get it installed over the Christmas holiday, but didn't get it done. With a little luck I will have the time to install it next weekend. I got the rifle out with the intent to get it done last Sunday, but had to drop off some things to my sister's. I did dry fire the PSA EPT trigger, and still think it is a good trigger. It's has a crisp audible break and reset with virtually no extra play in either direction. For a self defense trigger I think it is solid choice. I will post my opinion on the LaRue after I get it installed, and get to the range with it.

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Sounds very cool. About the only thing I can think of right now is can you test your reduced trigger pull AR15 with some hard Berdan ammo? If you can 100% pop those hard caps then you are good to go.

But then what are the odds of ever using such ammo. What I am thinking here is that you MIGHT, (might) get some light strikes with some ammo. All would be proven, (or disproved) by having fun testing :)

·
Registered
29,596 Posts
Sounds very cool. About the only thing I can think of right now is can you test your reduced trigger pull AR15 with some hard Berdan ammo? If you can 100% pop those hard caps then you are good to go.

But then what are the odds of ever using such ammo. What I am thinking here is that you MIGHT, (might) get some light strikes with some ammo. All would be proven, (or disproved) by having fun testing :)

I think the recent production (as in, last 10 years or so) Wolf is boxer primed, so...where are you even gonna find Berdan 5.56/223 anymore?

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Thank you. I confused in my feeble mind's eye 7.62x51 Nato with 5.56. Does anybody here know what kind of imported 5.56 might have the hardest primers?

It would still be fun testing such. :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I installed the JP reduced power spring kit in my AR last year and ran it for over a year with no problems.
Then yesterday at the range I had 4 FTFs with Winchester ammo, of which I had already shot over a hundred rounds in a previous outing.
I reinstalled the original hammer spring and the four rounds with light primer hits fired okay.
Not sure why I didn't have any problems until now, and not sure why the Win 55 gr bulk ammo had light primer strikes, but it was a little chilly yesterday AM for S AZ (36 degrees :cool:)

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Worn out springs?

Right now, if you look there's some pretty damn cheap Geissele triggers out there. The G2S can be had around 130 and the amazing SSA-E can be found for 170 if you wait for a sale. They come with springs and pins.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts