Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am buying another AR, but i want this one to be my HD/SHTF rifle to compliment my hunting AR.

Would like to buy the upper with as much as the options i want already installed.

Here is what i'm looking for

Upper:
16" mid length
chrome lined
1/7 twist-5.56 chamber
low profile gas block/or flip-up front sight
railed free float handgaurds

Lower:

a lower is a lower. or so thats what i've gathered from most of the reading. the only difference should be the finish of the lower, some are better and some are worse?

So the question is where i can find a upper from an online supplier that i can get those options? And of course without totally braking the bank.

My budget is $1500 to put the gun together and still buy flip-up BUIS's and maybe an optic.

wishfull thinking but maybe even a few pmags and ammo

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Good luck trying to find a lower receiver. Most places are sold out of a lot of stuff. Magpul P-Mags are pretty much sold out, too. I really don't agree with a lower is a lower, either. I mean I think there is a big difference between billet and forged. I'd much rather have a billet piece. As far as flip up sights, I really recommend the Troy Battle Sights. I've got them and love them. I haven't installed my gas block and the front one but they are both awesome pieces.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty for the info, i really like the look of the troy's myself

·
Registered
753 Posts
I ordered RGuns.net Monday morning and had it in my grubby little hands Wednesday.
Total cost was $514 to my door. I put this on my Rock River Arms complete lower. The fit is perfect. I was concerned that for the price I was going to get cheap UTG/ CAA quad rails, but they are top notch, not sure whose they are but they are solid and look [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts