Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the begining of the year, before I had finished my first build, I decided to pick up a few more lowers for future builds. So now that I am done with my first build (Minus optics) it's time to start putting together my summer build. It will have a 14.5" barrel w/ pinned Flash/comp. (18" SPR coming later).
I'm trying to keep the price down and not sacrifice quality. My first rifle I spent way too much money building, around $2000 and I haven't even added optics yet. I'm thinking I want to build a rifle I can kick the ---- out of and not think twice about it. Something dependable and combat or home defense worthy. Why? Well because I can! Hahaha
I'll also keep you up to date on it's progress listing parts and pictures as I go. I hope you enjoy!

Parts List:
AGP forged lower reciever
Palmetto State Armory MOE LPK
CMMG Fire Control Group (Trigger/Hammer/Disconnect)
Superior Shooting Systems Trigger and Hammer Spring Set
MagPul MOE Grip
MagPul MOE trigger Guard
MagPul CTR Stock
Milspec Buffer Tube and H Buffer
Superior Shooting Sytems Buffer Spring
Troy Ind. 9" TRX Standard Battlerail
Troy DOA Flip Up Rear Sight
MagPul MS2 Sling
C-Products 30 rd mags with anti tilt followers (Black) x6
Vltor VC-1 compensator/flash suppressor
Upper assembly selected LWS STD Forged Upper (14.5" Nitrided 4150 CrMV barrel/pinned Vltor VC-1 comp. , 1/8 twist, midlength gas system with YHM gas block/flip up front sight and Troy TX 9" Battlerail)
LWS STD FU complete forged upper receiver in 5.56mm - LOKI Weapon Systems

Lots more parts to come...
Bolt Carrier Group (ordered)
Charging Handle BCM Gunfighter (ordered)
Optics
Gemtech Halo suppressor

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hey....wait a minute....havent I seen some of this somewhere else??? ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have no clue what your talking about... :mrgreen:
Made a post about C-Products mags in the mags section on chatterbox feel free to chime in if you happen to read it... I'll be posting here too!

·
Banned
82 Posts
Great start! 8)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on the new build...subscribed...:)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:
Removed Spikes T2 buffer used it on my first build. Added Superior Shooting Systems spring in its place.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I was bored tonight so I got out my two spare lowers to go ahead and assembly my lower. I noticed the finish on one of them was kinda "lacking" for the lack of a better word. The finish was a really flat satin black and gritty feeling. Instead of a semi flat black and smooth like the other. Since I was planning on painting this rifle anyways I started assembling. Didn't take much to scuff the paint. So I stopped assembling, cleaned and prepped the lower and masked it off. Did the same with my rail, end plate and castle nut. I just happened to pick up paint yesterday. Ultra flat black, and ultra flat tan. I originally thought about painting it tan, with black type camo striping. But I'm going with Ultra flat tan only being I don't have the upper to color match or paint at the same time. I'm going to paint the lower, the rail, end plate , castle nut and the stock all tan leaving the upper reciever, barrel, buffer tube, grip,trigger guard,butt pad and mags black. I'll add black rail covers. If it all comes together how I think it will should be a nice mix.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well painting looked great when I was done but I over coated it. When i put the parts on the functional parts didn't function so great and the paint chipped several places.
So I stripped it of it's parts and starting building the other lower. Some of the small parts had paint on them so I ordered new parts. Should be in this week and hope to have the complete lower built by this weekend. I also opted to buy a "I Kick Hippies" end plate to attach my sling to. I'm now saving up for the upper. I'll post new pics when the lower is finished. I'll update as I get new parts in for the upper build too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two days until the upper gets here! Then i just need to order BCG, charging handle and rear sight. Then it's off to tjhe range for zeroing. Optics coming down the road...

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Nice build for sure brother. Cant wait to see it all together!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update almost complete!
Loki Weapon Systems custom upper (14.5" barrel-1/8 twist-midlength gas system, Troy TRX standard 9" Battlerail, YHM Gas block/flip up front sight, Vltor VC-1 flash hider/compensator pinned)
Heres a few new pics!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:
Thanks to Sam @ The Tactical Toolbox I will be recieving the final pieces to the puzzle, the BCG and BCM Gunfighter latch, next week! Then I just need to set up a date with the range...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts