Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 11th build: I call her "Black Betty"...Ba-Lam, Ba-Lam!

Grizzly Upper
Fail Zero BCG
Bravo Company Charging Handle
AimPoint M4
Primary Arms 6x swing away Magnifier w/QD mount
Magpul rear BUS
Model 1 16" Heavy CM barrel 1/9 223 chamber reamed to Ned Christiansen 556 chamber
UTG 7" free float rail T-marked (made in USA)
Tango Down fore grip
Surefire 961x Tactical Light
Surplus Arms and Ammo (Aero Precision) lower
ALG Defense Advance Combat Trigger
Blackhawk Pistol grip
6 position MilSpec buffer tube w/H2 buffer
Lewis Machine and Tool carbine stock

This one shoots good:D

Most 3 shot groups are one ragged hole. From rest @ 100 yards using Winchester 69g match or Federal Tactical 55g!

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you like the PA magnifier? I know there's a lot of happy campers with their red dot stuff.
All I can say is I have used a EoTec Magnifier and there is a difference. Kind of like the difference between Bushnell's best scope from 10 years ago and a good Leupold scope. I think the PA magnifier is well worth the money!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Haven't priced one but they're good about being very well priced on stuff.

I'm poking around in the AR threads to find things I might want for the first foray into an AR build.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
That's some good shooting there!
Congrats, nice AR!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats, nice AR!
Thanx...I have always had good groups with Model 1 Barrels. This one tightened up when I reamed it to 556 with the Ned Christiansen reamer.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Congrats, nice AR!
that's not just good shooting... that is unbe-FU*CK*NG-LIVABLY good shooting... as in: i'm all for calling BS on a 1/4 MOA gas gun with no top shelf components. there is wizardry going on here. You sir, are a wizard.

http://accurateshooter.net/targets/dotcirclesloaddev.pdf

fill the page, post back. i am SUPER excited to see what you and that rifle can do.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I learned here that 3 shot groups are good, but you should be shooting 5 to 10 to see how well the operator actually is. my best 3 shot group at .384" nearly doubles to .686" with 5 shots.

it's kinda like the arfcom MOA all day challenge... i see your 3 shot group, and raise you to five 5 shot groups that average sub MOA.

hell if you can pull .250" with 3 shots, no reason you couldn't make a sub 500 average group size

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I learned here that 3 shot groups are good, but you should be shooting 5 to 10 to see how well the operator actually is. my best 3 shot group at .384" nearly doubles to .686" with 5 shots.

it's kinda like the arfcom MOA all day challenge... i see your 3 shot group, and raise you to five 5 shot groups that average sub MOA.

hell if you can pull .250" with 3 shots, no reason you couldn't make a sub 500 average group size
I'm in for an MOA All Day challenge. might be fun!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I never cared what my best 3 shot group was just my average. It's well outside sup MOA

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
^^ that's probably why you don't care. I have piles of h335 same lot. what do I do , go shoot my best 5 -10 shot group @ 100? 200? 300? take pics and post for best group.? and compare? I'm interested.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
MOA ALL DAY CHALLENGE (per ARFCOM) Rules:

1. 1 sheet of paper, with all 5 targets (preferably 8.5" x 11")

2. On that one sheet, 5 groups of 5 shots in one day.

3. Groups measured outside grease ring to outside grease ring, then subtract 1 diameter of the caliber you are shooting.

4. NO MECHANICAL REST/SLED, NO VICE OR SIMILAR DEVICE THAT SUPPORTS THE ENITRE RIFLE, NO SHOOTING JACKETS, NO STRAPPING THE GUN INTO ANYTHING, NO LARGE REAR SANDBAG ** OR REST. SHOOTER MUST HAVE POSITIVE CONTROL OF RIFLE.

THE POINT IS TO SEE HOW GOOD YOU SHOOT, NOT HOW WELL YOU CAN MOUNT IT IN A MACHINE.

5. OK TO USE sandbag, rest, ruck, bipod, rock with a hat, sling etc. on forearm of the rifle.

**Will be OK to use a small rear sandbag (ie: sand sock or squeeze bag) or bean bag no bigger then a softball that must require constant hand pressure to maintain hold on target.

6. Shooting position is up to you, sitting, standing, prone.

7. 50yd for irons, 100yd minimum for magnified.

That's basically it. Groups must average 1 MOA when put together, i.e. (sizes of groups added together) / 5 must be less than or equal to 1.047", or 1 MOA.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
basically it's your best of 5 rounds of 5 shots on one piece of paper, un-benched (sandbags allowed, but not in such a way as the rifle is completely supported), sitting, standing, prone, supine, reverse nelson, upside down, hell even buck naked if that's how you shoot best, with whatever ammo you want to use in any caliber you want.

Choose your class:

50yd Iron
100yd SPR (any magnification allowed)
100yd SPR Limited (unmagnified optics)

you post up your target, your rifle with any notible modifications, your group averages, and your target average in MOAs.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
basically it's your best of 5 rounds of 5 shots on one piece of paper, un-benched (sandbags allowed, but not in such a way as the rifle is completely supported), sitting, standing, prone, supine, reverse nelson, upside down, hell even buck naked if that's how you shoot best, with whatever ammo you want to use in any caliber you want.

Choose your class:

50yd Iron

you post up your target, your rifle with any notible modifications, your group averages, and your target average in MOAs.
I'd like to participate in the irons. Using 55gr fed. ammo from walmart and a rifle that i just finished. Should be interesting lol

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
know this gentlemen:

I'm in. should we set up a thread in the Gun Games forum?

before we do that... should we talk to the admins to see if any sponsors would like to get in on maybe a prize for the top 3 or top 5? or is that asking a lot in terms of accountability? i mean, we are rather on each other's honor... hmmm.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
know this gentlemen:

I'm in. should we set up a thread in the Gun Games forum?

before we do that... should we talk to the admins to see if any sponsors would like to get in on maybe a prize for the top 3 or top 5? or is that asking a lot in terms of accountability? i mean, we are rather on each other's honor... hmmm.
Nah, that means it would be locked down to a specific date range for people to participate. things could get... hostile. Gun Games sounds good.

I'm in too. The new bolt gun should work well for this, maybe I can get my wife to be a sub MOA shooter.... with some REALLY good ammo and a bit of luck ;)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Absolutely. Im thinking gun games > challenges sub forum lol. There should be witness signatures just like a hole in one in golf. Honor system gents

Addition: How specific are we getting. bolt guns seperate from ar builds and such or just a free for all?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I think these work well. You have your irons, your magnified, and your red dot categories.

Choose your class:

50yd Iron
Maybe tonight I'll work on a couple target designs.

Sorry for trashing this thread OP but it's developing so swimmingly! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts