Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine has AR-15 stripped lowers in stock right now!!

He carries Tactical Innovations lower receivers, as well as uppers and other accessories, at his local shop.

Click on the link here and contact him through email or phone.

He will ship to your FFL as usual.

DEFENSIVE ARMS INC: WELCOME PAGE

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I dont think he lists prices on his site. I think you have to call or email him. My price yesterday was $160 out the door but I am local and do not need to pay shipping/FFL charges.

Most other places are this price or very near it and many say they wont have any in stock for months.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I dont think he lists prices on his site. I think you have to call or email him. My price yesterday was $160 out the door but I am local and do not need to pay shipping/FFL charges.

Most other places are this price or very near it and many say they wont have any in stock for months.

Im waiting for prices to come back down, I bought my last one for 100.00

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What's so special about Tactical Innovations lowers? Is is billet? $160 seems a bit steep for a forged lower + shipping.

EDIT: Ok , it's a machined forged receiver. Still, I'd really need to see some facts as to why this one is worth the extra $50 over other forged units.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i don't forsee the prices coming back down to what they were....
They might when Obama leaves office in 4 years.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
They might when Obama leaves office in 4 years.
If you can get them by then...don't look for the next AWB to have a sunset provision like the last one! :-( It will take more than inaction by Congress to get rid of the next one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What's so special about Tactical Innovations lowers? Is is billet? $160 seems a bit steep for a forged lower + shipping.

EDIT: Ok , it's a machined forged receiver. Still, I'd really need to see some facts as to why this one is worth the extra $50 over other forged units.
Really?

Have you priced lowers in the last 30 days?

$100 lowers are NOWHERE to be found now. I personally think anyone that can find a lower for under $200 OTD is getting a decent deal with current availability. I'm not buying for that price, but I already have a few.

Also, since the OP said $160 OTD, I'm gonna assume that included $25 DROS and some sort of transfer fee for the dealer. So now you are down around $135 not counting the transfer fee.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Del-Ton and AIM still have them $100 give or take a few bucks.

you will just have to wait for them. if you are one of those impatient people you'll have to PAY.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I paid like $92 for my last DMPS lower. I will wait until the prices drop down again. I don't think that price is super horrible but everything about that rifle is too expensive for me these days.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

arent most standard lowers machined forged lowers. they forge them which gives you a rough shape and then machine them down to final specs. the TI billet ones are really nice but they are spendy. the regular forged ones are no different then other lowers at least that i can find.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have one for my upcoming build. It looks nice. It's "multi caliber" marked, if that's important to you. It also has a set screw under the grip screw area. The idea is that you can eliminate any slop between upper and lower without an Accu-wedge. I can't comment on how well it works, cause I haven't built it yet :p but that's the idea. I got this particular one from my dealer cause he had it at the same price as a RRA lower. I figured since lowers are pretty much the same anyhow, why not try the set screw?

Edited to add: Mine is forged, not billet.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Del-Ton and AIM still have them $100 give or take a few bucks.
you will just have to wait for them. if you are one of those impatient people you'll have to PAY.

Nope! Del-Ton went from $104 on Monday night to $165 on Tuesday on their lowers and they are currently out of stock. Also, almost everyone else is sold out and Model1Sales says 13 months delivery time on their upper assemblies.

So, $160 out the door price that includes your BATF&E price is pretty damn good. You will still have to pay an FFL fee either to Defensive Arms or to your FFL of choice in your area, but you would also pay that same FFL fee on a lower you buy anywhere else as well.

If no one wants to take advantage of this offer I dont care. I have mine. I was just trying to do some folks a favor and help out my friend here who is a small business man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts