Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is there any way to find out the manufacture date of a xd.40sc?
i assume the date on the test fired bullet is pretty close to the manufacture date?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
is there any way to find out the manufacture date of a xd.40sc?
i assume the date on the test fired bullet is pretty close to the manufacture date?
I would love to find this out as well, since I bought my XD40 used and would really like to know exactly (as close as possible) just how old or young my gun is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
All you have to do is call Springfield and give them the serial #. Their customer service number is 1-800-680-6866.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I called that number this morning and customer service (Patty) was quite friendly and helpful. She looked it up right away and it was manufactured July of 2002. And since I bought it used, she asked if it came with an owners manual and I said it didn't. So she is mailing me out one today. It was quite quick, easy and painless. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just gave them a call and talked with Mitch of customer service...really nice and helpful, something not often found anymore.

He looked up my number and I found out that the used XD I picked up had it's 5th birthday in March. I know a little about the history, it belonged to a local attorney here and was his house gun....he had another that was kept in the car. The internals look brand new...I don't think this was fired much at all and the gun performs flawlessly.

I am assuming that it was made before the melonite finish and all of that. The finish is not worn badly at all, has small charecter marks, and there is no rust...might be because it is wiped about every two days with the Hoppe's cloth.

So...who has the oldest XD on the board....that might make a good thread.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
My XD40sc was test fired on 12-06-2008. Yes 2008!! I bought the gun new about 3 months ago. Serial number is US3818XX. Looks like I fired her before Springfield.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My XD40sc was test fired on 12-06-2008. Yes 2008!! I bought the gun new about 3 months ago. Serial number is US3818XX. Looks like I fired her before Springfield.

That's funny!

Springfield's Customer Service is top notch...... They are very friendly.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Ummmmmm...... You said your gun was test fired 12-6-2008 and since it is currently 10-14-2008 I find it funny, unless time travel has become possible and I didn't get the memo???
today is 14-10-2008 in the rest of the world. day-month-year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Europeans, and most of the world, use the DAY-MONTH-YEAR date format. Your gun was test fired on June 6, 2008.

·
Registered
325 Posts
my XD9 was test fired on 5/21/07 I bought that one new
my XD45 was built in may 06 I had called springfield to find a date one that since I got that one used.

·
Registered
54 Posts
no. I just have to deal with europeans too much...
This often confuses me too. I deal with other parts of the world for my job and North American is about the only region to use month/day/year.

I really wish we would change that. And don't EVEN get me started on the metric system. It just makes SOOO much more sense. As does celsius.

I don't think any of this makes me a "commie", just a pragmatist. I mean seriously, WTF, why don't we use the metric system??? And doesn't it just seem right that water freezes at 0 and boils at 100?

What's a 9mm in "standard" anyway?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
This often confuses me too. I deal with other parts of the world for my job and North American is about the only region to use month/day/year.
My vote is for the world to settle on the ISO standard of most significant to least significant ordering. In other words, YYYY-MM-DD. No ambiguity and it is even self-sorting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts