Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 9mm service. I am not happy overall with the sights that came with the gun.

I've sent a PM to ajames asking about what he recommends, and if he installs them...

Now.. is there anything new on the market? I use my gun 99.9% of the time at the range. I bought it for the .1% of the time that someone might break into my house or try to rob me on my bike. I don't *think* that I really NEED tritium... even if someone breaks down my door, I hope to see them before I start shooting into the dark. Might be a drunk friend or who knows who.

opinions?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Just saw this ad in Shotgun News

http://www.advantagetactical.com/

online sales start on January 2 and they will have the sights for the XD soon. So far the line is available for Glicks (figures :| )

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
hobocircus said:
Just saw this ad in Shotgun News

http://www.advantagetactical.com/

online sales start on January 2 and they will have the sights for the XD soon. So far the line is available for Glicks (figures :| )
Looks kind of gimmicky to me. Ill stick to my old fashioned post and notch style.

·
Registered
359 Posts
if you're wanting to stick with standard sights, I'm sure many forum members here would recommend the TruGlo TFOs.

AJames sells em, and will install them for you. I want a set for my wife's XD, as soon as finances are in order.

-stunks

·
Registered
265 Posts
stunksinatl Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you're wanting to stick with standard sights, I'm sure many forum members here would recommend the TruGlo TFOs.

AJames sells em, and will install them for you. I want a set for my wife's XD, as soon as finances are in order.

-stunks
Actually when I spoke with him last and purchased another set of sights for my XD9sc, he stated that he would sell the TFO's to me but would not install them since he has been having some bad luck lately with them, and apparently the company has not been very helpful to him. It seems from our conversation, that the typical response from TruGlo has been to blame the installer and not accept any potential responsibility for their product.

After that conversation, and his advise on the Meprolights, I went to the TruGlo website and found that indeed they only warranty their sights for 3 months, but also state that the tritium inserts should last for "years". Now my question was this 'would they last for years buried under a ton of crap in a file cabinet after they fell off my gun or whatever??'

That being said, I have a set of TFO's on my .40 service which are terrific. Love the look in the daylight and they are great in the dim to nil light scenarios. I would say to decide on when you are most likely to be using your dun (day or night) and head in that direction. If for example you want good high visibility day sights then you can use a accessory rail mounted laser light or weapon light in your home at night, or install the lasermax internal laser light with your hi viz day sights for the best of both worlds.

call ajames to followup on this info. He was very helpful and apologetic about the situation.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Whoops, sorry Ajames! I wasn't aware of your current goings on with the TruGlo TFOs. That's a shame, really, they seem like excellent sights.

-stunks

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well Its all about that stupid Gap between the bottom of the sights and the slide. The last series of TFO`s the front sight is dead on as far as having vary vary little gap between the bottom of the sights and slide. The rear on the other hand has a huge gap alomost if they are using the sig versions but are marked for the xd.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Your post makes me very concerned AJames since you are installing some of these sights for me right now. I don't care about a gap below the rear sight as long as the sights fit right, align correctly and stay put. Will they do so?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Well Its all about that stupid Gap between the bottom of the sights and the slide. The last series of TFO`s the front sight is dead on as far as having vary vary little gap between the bottom of the sights and slide. The rear on the other hand has a huge gap alomost if they are using the sig versions but are marked for the xd.
This sounds like the melting light pipe deal that was going on last year. They want to sell products but start letting their customer support and quality slip? Maybe im wrong, what ever happened to companies that stand behind their customers and products?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I really want to try the XS sights. Not the Big Dots, though, because I hear accuracy suffers a little at the expense of fast aquisition. The regular-sized dots will do just fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts