Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a compact/subcompact for a CCW and was wondering if there is anything bad about these?

I am a glock 17 owner and was looking at a glock 30, but i think the XD is a better gun for ccw or should i get the glock?

Thanks Guys
Matt

·
Registered
813 Posts
Love my SC. With the pearce grip extensions it feels like I am shooting a full size model. Recoil is suprisingly very easy for a 3", probably the least muzzle climb out of any 3" I have tried.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
havent heard many bad things about the SC's here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I own the 9 SC, a pierce grip extension did wonders for me. I love mine. It's the easiest gun I've ever shot. And, the most accuate.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool! I really do like this gun a lot more than the glock, so its good no one has anything bad to say about it yet!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I shot the 40 SC yesterday for the first time.It had a grip ext on it .I could shoot it as accurately as my 4 inch 40.I was suprised at how it shot if i would have shot it before the 4 inch i would have bought a SC.Met up with Rem165 and his wife yesterday at the range had a good time shooting.Super nice folks and good shooters to boot

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you haven't noticed the trend yet, GET A PIERCE GRIP EXTENSION. I hated my SC until I installed one. Now I love it. It's just something about my pinky hanging off the bottom that sucks (I know, snubby .38's are the same way and I hate that too, but still carry one of those as well).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome! I too have a XD40sc, and absolutely love it. It is worth saying, however, that if you are used to the Glock grip angle and ergonomics, that a Glock will feel more natural to you. It all comes down to get what works for you. Both are fine weapons, many of us here own or have owned Glocks as well. If you can get a chance to shoot and handle both, by all means do so. It is worth the investment to rent (or better, try a friends) XD and make sure it fits you as well as they fit us. Good luck with your endeavor.

MC

·
Registered
78 Posts
love mine i have the sc and the service and i actually shoot the sub better for what ever reason it came from the factory with a much better trigger than the service.. i need to spend more time on the service but its so hard cause i do love the sub its my fav weapon now.. but as stated above the extensions are a must..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts