Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm just used to the smoothness of the XD reassembly... But just out of curiosity does anyone else notice the resistance in putting the M&P slide back on just before it is almost 100% back onto the frame? To me it seems as if something is getting caught near where the take down lever is located when I'm sliding the slide back on. I can force it through, but it just feels bad. Also, the take down lever sort of dangles loosely while the slide is off. Putting the slide back on, I reposition the lever to the 90 degree down position, but when it gets to the point of resistance I'm taking about, it's forcing the lever back up before the slide is fully attached. The manual doesn't explain this part in detail and I'm horrible at trying to describe the problem. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I know what your talking about as far as the takedown lever being forced back into the "locked" position as you push the slide back in place. That is how it is designed, so dont worry about that.

But as far as feeling resistance, I'm not sure what your talking about. The m&p is certainly a little more finicky about needing all parts exactly in place before reassembly than the xd. But assuming everything is where its supposed to be, I dont have any unusually resistance in mine.

You are right though, the ease of dis/ass on the xd makes most others seem overly complicated.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Sometimes when you are putting the slide back on that take-down lever will kick up early and jam the process. When it does that to me I just put my trigger finger all the way through the trigger guard and flick it back down where it belongs as I run the slide back. ( I have the 45 )

·
Registered
914 Posts
Are you minding where the sear deactivation lever is?

And yes watch your take down lever.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you minding where the sear deactivation lever is?
Is it supposed to remain in the "down/dis assembly" position even when putting the slide back on or should I slide it back up into the slot before I slide the slide back on? I assumed you just leave it down once you put it down since I never saw anything about it on videos or in the manual.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I should have been more clear. It should stay in the down position, it wont hurt anything in the up position, but it might cause the resistance you were talking about.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I should have been more clear. It should stay in the down position, it wont hurt anything in the up position, but it might cause the resistance you were talking about.
I don't even use the sear lever. The M&P breaks down just like an XD, pull the trigger and slide it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts