Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lots of experience with berretas and 1911s but not much else.

Both of which are very expensive and hard to get a hold of here.

I need to get hold of carry gun/combat handgun as soon as possible and I'm on a tight budget.

A new XD costs about $3200 in this country and my other options are The CZ75 $3200, Steyr 9mm used $2500 and used hi powers and hungarian clones that go for about $1800

I may not be able to buy a new pistol any time in the near future, possibly never with the way are going these days.

We've got a problem with hostile illegal foreigners here that have a strong ethnic history hating my people.

I need a pistol that will work when I need to, in constant humidity close to the salty sea.

I need something I can trust the lives of my beloved and my own, everyday for possibly the rest of my life.

Is the XD the right pistol for me?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yes, an XD would be perfect for you. A Browning High Power is a very good pistol also.

So, what country do you live in?

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
If you can get a good deal on a Hi power you will be well served. Great guns and a reason they have been in service world wide for so long.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stainless revolver?
Revolvers are pretty hard to get a hold of here, most of them have been bought up by security companies it seems.

I've been looking for a .357 with no luck, and I think something with high capacity would be better due the "pack" mentality of the unfriendlys here.

.38s are available, but I'm not a real big fan of that caliber...

My responses can slow due to internet speed, thanks for bearing with me.

·
Registered
486 Posts
that really sucks balls man. Sorry to hear about the oppression. How come so much? just taxed to hell? I would be tempted to get a CZ myself, but the money would not be possible for me to come up with for atleast 4 years.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think the XD would be a good choice. They are extremely dependable as many people will tell you and the melonite finish is very tough and corrosion resistant. Altough the hi-power is a fine firearm, the XD is easier to operate, given its lack of a thumb safety.

·
Registered
480 Posts
May we know what country are you in?

We had XD forum members located all over the globe... maybe one is close to you;)

Are you looking for a conceal carry weapon? Is there a carry permit in the country where you reside?

Humidity is not a problem as long as your care for your gun regularly. Corrosion will form even with the finest stainless steel gun if not maintained properly.

XD comes in different calibers and sizes and Im sure you will find that'll suit your needs.

·
21,866 Posts
I smell troll....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, an XD would be perfect for you. A Browning High Power is a very good pistol also.

So, what country do you live in?
I live in the Dominican republic.

I've been concerned about the supposed durability of the Hi power pistol.

I need something that take a lifetime of beating and work like new.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that really sucks balls man. Sorry to hear about the oppression. How come so much? just taxed to hell? I would be tempted to get a CZ myself, but the money would not be possible for me to come up with for atleast 4 years.
The price of pistols in particular skyrocketed in 2006 thanks to a anti-gun police chief that unconstitutionally banned the import of handguns.

Both of the main political parties here were made and supported by the soviet union as a means of communizing the nation with foreign rebels.

And thanks to them, I have to pay $3000 dollars for $500 pistol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
May we know what country are you in?

We had XD forum members located all over the globe... maybe one is close to you;)

Are you looking for a conceal carry weapon? Is there a carry permit in the country where you reside?

Humidity is not a problem as long as your care for your gun regularly. Corrosion will form even with the finest stainless steel gun if not maintained properly.

XD comes in different calibers and sizes and Im sure you will find that'll suit your needs.
I can get a permit to carry pistol, it's damned hassle dealing with the government sometimes though.

You have to get permission and licensing for every gun you have.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

I just wanted to post that TBH.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
180088 said:
Here, check out the prices yourself if you want.

Armeria Oliva ::

It's 38 pesos per dollar.
A simple link is meaningless. I can google gun prices in the philippines, post them, and say I live there.
How about you post a picture of a spoon on top of the comics section of your local newspaper and leave EXIF data available. Maybe then I'll believe you are not just trolling.
I'm not trying to be a d!ck either. Just this seems like a very trollish post. If you are legit, good luck with whatever your intentions may be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A simple link is meaningless. I can google gun prices in the philippines, post them, and say I live there.
How about you post a picture of a spoon on top of the comics section of your local newspaper and leave EXIF data available. Maybe then I'll believe you are not just trolling.
I'm not trying to be a d!ck either. Just this seems like a very trollish post. If you are legit, good luck with whatever your intentions may be.
I actually do have a problem, I need a pistol asap and I'm not really familiar with most of the guns available to me.

This same thing may happen to americans one day with people like Obama in control.

Like South Africa all over again...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I made a thread on the same subject on steyrclub.com but they don't have much traffic over there.

Wasn't much help.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts