Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 for my new M&P Shield, but I am wanting to get a holster backer that will support a larger firearm. This way, I would have more flexibility to simply buy new shells down the road. Has anyone tried wearing a full size Alien Gear backer with a smaller shell? I am curious to know if it is still comfortable or if the difference is noticeable?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have an Alien Gear with the smallest leather backing. I originally bought it for my XDsc and then bought a different shell for my XDs. It is not the new Cloak Tuck 2.0. Both my XDsc and my XDs take the smallest backing so I do not how it would work with the larger backing but I know my current setup works great for either pistol. The XDs is of course more comfortable due to its thinness.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may just buy one for the shield and another one down the line when the time comes. At $35, it's not a big deal, but I like the idea of replacement shells. Though, the Shield is the only handgun for which I don't currently have a hybrid holster. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts