Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot mine today at a practice IDPA qualifying course we are using to start up our own club. I'm using CCI ammo and the gun jammed on me twice, however, it is the first time I shot it and I just figure it needs to break in. Anyway, i'm thinking about using it for as my carry and IDPA gun, is anyone else using it?

I plan on having some work done to it by the Pistol-gear gunsmith guy as the trigger could use some work. If you are using it for IDPA, what work have you had performed on your XD.

Tank

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought mine for idpa and shot it last month for the first time. I won't be making many changes untill I start shooting better but I will add night sights. They shoot night shoots as well where I shoot. I couldn't shoot this month as I strained my back the day before the shoot. I use an uncle mikes holster and mag pouch for now but will change out later.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have used all of mine for IDPA. :D The only thing I have done to mine is painting the front sight blaze orange. Otherwise they are box stock. Shoot them and have fun. You don't need any modifications to compete in IDPA. They are more that capable as is. Spend your money on ammo instead. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
And me! :D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I've used my XDs in IDPA and training classes. My only modification has been TFO sights and skateboard tape on the grip frame. I might get a trigger done by the fellow mentioned by Old School, that will be about it for modifications.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
I might get a trigger done by the fellow mentioned by Old School, that will be about it for modifications.
If you get that trigger done, you will kick yourself for waiting so long. Believe it or not, even for a guy with your skill set, it will be a FANTASTIC improvement. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts