Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my son a Rossi 410 single shot shot gun for his seventh birthday, but I don't know much about them. I looked on the web for reviews and couldn't find anything. Anyone know anything about these guns? He has been shooting a .22lr for a while but after begging me to let him shoot my 20gauge while we were shooting clays (I did not of course) I figured I would buy him one. Got him a single shot to see how it goes and to keep it simple. I am planning on buying him a pump action so if anyone has any suggestions on a good one I appreciate that too.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I have one of the old walnut youth 410/22 combo's that you can change the barrels back and forth.

They're really good guns.

The only advice I can think of is just keep an eye on him if it breaks down the barrel the same as mine, it is very close to the hammer and I have caught mine several times cocking the gun when they were really trying to unload it.

Other than that, it has been a good gun.

·
Registered
867 Posts
My uncle had one that we would use at my grandfather's ranch. It had the conversion barrel from 410 to .223. We loved it! We never had any problems. I don't know how old it was, but my grandfather kept it looking brand new. Wish I could be a bigger help, we only used it for varmints and target practice. It was definitely fun to shoot!

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one of the old walnut youth 410/22 combo's that you can change the barrels back and forth.

They're really good guns.

The only advice I can think of is just keep an eye on him if it breaks down the barrel the same as mine, it is very close to the hammer and I have caught mine several times cocking the gun when they were really trying to unload it.

Other than that, it has been a good gun.
This one must be the same way because after looking at it I can really see how that could be a problem thank you very much for the heads up.

thank you both for the advice

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
My son's had one for about a year. Probably our (his) only complaint is that it absorbs almost no recoil. While it's nice and light to carry in the field, that means it kicks a lot more than our 50+ year-old, wood-furniture Mossberg bolt action.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts