Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting my CCW licence so I can carry my XD with me. The only problem is that it's so heavy....it feels I've got a lead diving weight strapped to my waist.
Does anyone carry one of the larger XD 5" tactical models?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
i do, carried in a blade-tech uch holster. doesnt bother me a bit, except going to a public bathroom.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
there are people who carry full size 1911's... You can carry anything.

Smaller guns are less cumbersome and more concealable.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
I guess I'm a wuss!!...I carry a KT P32 in my front pocket...no wardrobe malfunctions that way! :p

·
Registered
595 Posts
I carry a 4" 1911 and KT P32, however I'd be worried if I didn't have a pocket holster for the Kel Tec, no safety or anything, you could pop a hole in your best friend when you reach for it, the gun I mean.

I pick up my new XD today and will carry that as well in a Milt Sparks VersaMax II IWB SOB holster. I have been tossing around the idea of a shoulder rig too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes i do . I live in Arizona where its nice to have the laws on your side to carry and protect yourself and your familey.Either out in the open or with a ccw. Thats a 16hr class and back grounnd check away. I have a 9MM Tactical and a fobus paddle holster. love it. but thats my comfort level and i like it.No issues.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I carry my XD tactical daily for ccw. Of course your comfort can be optimized with a really good stiff belt, and a quality holster.

But even with that you have to get used to the weight as well... all guns weigh SOMETHING. I suggest you spend time wearing it around the house first.

That way you get used to it with normal daily activities.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I carry a 5" 1911, or a Taurus PT100, or a 4" S&W 686, or a XD 9 service model ocassionaly. My everyday carry gun is an S&W 3913 none of them are what you would call "lightweight."

The advise to get a good stiff gunbelt and a quality holster is right on the mark. A good belt will reduce the perceved weight of your gun considerably.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts