Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these sights for sale on pistol-gear and they roused my interest. Does anyone use them? If so, how do like them? How do you like them compared to say Trijicon night sights, etc., that you've used?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Got a set from AJames, there Great

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with the fiber tube coming loose in the front sight? I got some second (third, fourth?) hand reports at the IDPA match yesterday that this has come up as a real problem in the Richmond, VA area. At least 10 instances in the last month or so, as dealt with by gunshops and individuals. I mention this, without 100% substantiation, because the tube on one of my front sights came loose several months ago. I don't shoot that gun very much, so I haven't pursued getting it fixed, but I understand TruGlo is replacing the sight without complaint or hesitation.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have about 3500 rounds through mine sice putting them on. no problems. i love em. I am going to put them on every gun i get after this one. having the same site picture day or night rocks.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Snake eater yes the lite pipes cam come loose and as I found out for some customers that is not covered under warrenty. One of my customers just bought extra lite pipes from truglo after his fell out. Basically take a lighter and just hit the tip of the pipe to melt it then quicly shove it into place. Trim off the extra.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Snake eater yes the lite pipes cam come loose and as I found out for some customers that is not covered under warrenty. One of my customers just bought extra lite pipes from truglo after his fell out. Basically take a lighter and just hit the tip of the pipe to melt it then quicly shove it into place. Trim off the extra.
It's unfortunate that Truglo refuses to stand behind their product. As much as I like the TFO sights, I don't think I'll be buying any more TruGlo products. Of any kind :(

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I lost the light pipe off the front of my firesights. Was going to buy the truglo but if the same thing happens to them then it ain't worth it. The firesight people wanted 16.50 for 12 inches of replacement pipe then they reduced the price to 6.50. Then they sent pipe that was to small. They then gave me a 6.50 credit and sent me the right one for free.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
It's unfortunate that Truglo refuses to stand behind their product. As much as I like the TFO sights, I don't think I'll be buying any more TruGlo products. Of any kind :(
This is not true. I have sent 4 sets back to TRUGLO for this exact issue over the last 6 months, and all sets were covered under warranty and quickly replaced (by Pistol-Gear). I also had a customer who was installing his own sights and filed too much off of the front dovetail. TRUGLO covered this too. Finally, a GLOCK customer torked down on the nut of the front sight too much, causing the post to snapped off. TRUGLO sent me, a new front sight, so I could help my customer. In all instances, TRUGLO covered all of the products with no hesitation.

It is the resposibility of the dealer to take care of the customer, per TRUGLO policy. If this is done, TRUGLO will take care of the dealer. The policy is clear and I happily sell TRUGLO products because they have always done right by us and our customer.

Snake-eater 1, if you want help getting that front sight replaced, let me know.

Old School

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Old School said:
Snake-eater 1 said:
This is not true. I have sent 4 sets back to TRUGLO for this exact issue over the last 6 months, and all sets were covered under warranty and quickly replaced (by Pistol-Gear). I also had a customer who was installing his own sights and filed too much off of the front dovetail. TRUGLO covered this too. Finally, a GLOCK customer torked down on the nut of the front sight too much, causing the post to snapped off. TRUGLO sent me, a new front sight, so I could help my customer. In all instances, TRUGLO covered all of the products with no hesitation.

It is the resposibility of the dealer to take care of the customer, per TRUGLO policy. If this is done, TRUGLO will take care of the dealer. The policy is clear and I happily sell TRUGLO products because they have always done right by us and our customer.

Old School
Thanks
My comment was based on the comment to me in the post above mine. My bad for the misinterpretation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Old School said:
Snake-eater 1 said:

Old School

What, did they learn their lesson after my fiasco with their sights and all the bad PR they got from that?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Man_In_Camo said:
What, did they learn their lesson after my fiasco with their sights and all the bad PR they got from that?
Actually, I think that this has always been TRUGLO's policy.

The policy being, that their warranty is only for dealers and not for customers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts