Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
VERY good ammo...one of the best. This and the Winchester Ranger line is the only self defense ammo I buy. SGAmmo is top notch as well. At $23/50 it's darn near 50% of the price of the stuff sold locally in stores that is often $20-25/25.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I wish it was 147 grain!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Feeds great in all of my Springfield's XD9 Tactical, XD9 SC and XDS 9mm. I always buy it from SG Ammo because the 50 rnd box is about the same price as the 25 rnd box is here locally.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I wish it was 147 grain!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
It's not +P (and not in stock at the moment), but I get these in 147:

Bonded:
50 round box - 9mm Winchester Ranger ZQ4364 147 grain Bonded Hollow Point Ammo SGAmmo.com

SXT:
50 round box - 9mm Winchester Ranger SXT 147 grain Hollow Point Ammo Z RA9SXT SGAmmo.com

Both are exceptional ammo...very high quality.

Another bargain self defense ammo that is really good stuff is this:
50 round box - 9mm P Federal 115 grain Hollow Point Ammo 9BPLE SGAmmo.com

Good old tried and true 9BPLE...$17/50 is a heck of a good price for some hot ammo that has been in service for years...hell, at $17/box is just slightly more than bulk crap is going for locally...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought a few 50 round boxes of 124gr HST it cycles fine in my 9mm gun. Right now I am keeping my SD magazines loaded with 9mm Winchester Ranger ZQ4364 147gr bonded JHP. I also have a few boxes of 147gr bonded Golden Saber rounds as well.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Great ammo, I pick up over 300 of the Federal HST LE 147gr +P and it shoot great in my 19 or Shield.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Great ammo. My go to for my defensive carry. SGAmmo is the only place I buy it! I needed to get a few boxes in .40 a few weeks ago. My LGS only sells the 20 round in the pretty plastic boxes for $28.99 :eek:

SG sells 50 rounds in the good old paper boxes for $24.95. I always order enough to offset the $12 shipping charge ;)

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Yes, the HSTs are awesome.

But it means nothing if *YOUR* XD/XD-S/XDm cannot feed it reliably.

It doesn't matter that my XDm or these other guys on the Forums' or that instructor's or the guy from the gun-shop's or your brother-in-law's or anyone else's XDm works great with HST. If that ammo doesn't work well in *YOUR* specific XDm, the one that you're holding in your hands, then it's simply worthless.

Every single gun is a little different from another. Yes, they're mass-produced, but there's still tolerances to play with. A gun that's just ever so slightly biased towards one side of the specs here when it meets a type of ammo that's ever so slightly on the other side of the spectrum - while both are still within spec - can produce some weird results.

My Ruger SR9C doesn't like CorBon DPX 115 gr. +P (I have 7 magazines for this gun, I get consistent FTF[eed]s with this ammo in all of them). My Kahr PM9 prefers Speer Gold Dots over similar HSTs (the former allows the gun to run better for longer, the latter starts "hanging" at about the 150 round mark - a weird and ever-so-slight delay from when the slide is released from slide-lock and the time that it actually goes forward). The training/range copy of my two XDm9 3.8 Compacts locks up tight if I use once-fired AE 9x19 cases in it for malfunction medley (yes, I know, it's Federal, but I can use premium Federal cases for the same, and it won't lock up: we're talking about tight enough that I have to mortar the gun).

If you're going to buy premium defensive ammo, take the time and expense to actually make sure it works in your gun.

For those who are on a tight budget, the first few rounds through a well-cleaned and well-lubed gun should let you know whether it'll do - if something should go wrong, it'll likely do so sooner rather than later. But if you can finish out that mag, that's even better. If you can finish the mag that's in the gun as well as the extra mag(s) that you carry as a part of your EDC, then all the better (how many of you who engage in Force-on-Force have actually gotten a chance to reload? on the other hand, you also don't want to find out that when your gun gets dirty, it stops liking your chosen defensive ammo - so being able to chew through what you carry on you is a nice balance between the extremes).

There's a lot of good defensive ammo out there.

It's much more important that it actually works in the gun *you* have in your hands.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Like others, I buy from SGAmmo.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Back in stock at SG Ammo - P9HST1 124 gr HP - 1000 round case for $459 plus $16 shipping. Great vendor - always very happy with service and inventory!

·
Premium Member
18,078 Posts
Back in stock at SG Ammo - P9HST1 124 gr HP - 1000 round case for $459 plus $16 shipping. Great vendor - always very happy with service and inventory!
Good price, but... 1K rounds of SD ammo? I guess you could go in with some buds...

·
Premium Member
128,168 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll pay for half, just have them ship my half to my house.

Good price, but... 1K rounds of SD ammo? I guess you could go in with some buds...
UPDATE! Individual boxes of 50 available with 5 the limit! Price seems great at $23.95 per box. Get it before it's gone.

I just ordered 5 boxes plus some other stuff. Sorry GT Jon. Shipping was within reason too. I like SG Ammo!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts