Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an XD-40 Tactial (5" barrel) that I've been carrying on me every once in a while. Even with my C-TAC holster.....it just feels like I'm trying to conceal a brick! The XD feel heavy and huge.....I think I'm going to have ot get a smaller gun for a carry gun.

Does anyone else carry an XD-40 or XD-9 Tactical?

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have never carried my Tactical other then at matches, but I carry an XD40 Service in a IWB holster almost every day, and it dosen't seem to be much different then when I carry a 1911. So if the Tactical is to much I don't think that the 4" gun would be much better.
Does it look like you are tring to hide a brick, or just feel like it? When I first srarted to carry I felt like anything I carried was to big, and was showing so everyone could see. Now I carry 2 guns most of the time and don't worry about it any more, but in Minnesota your gun dosen't have to be conceled, but I do try to cover it up, but if it prints alittle I don't worry about it.
So if it just feels like a brick, but doesn't realy show, just carry it, and the extra weight will remind you that you have a friend with you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm 6'3" 172 lbs. and carry my 40 Tac in a Tucker Gun Leather "Answer" IWB holster. You can't see it at all on me. I tend to wear it in the 4:30 position. The only problem is when I bend over. You'll start to learn what positions you can & can't make when you carry a gun. The holster was a bit expensive but it was worth every penny. I also carry it with 2 extra mags on my left hip, so I feel pretty good carrying a fullsize with 36 rnds. Hope this helps.
100 posts! :lol:

·
Registered
556 Posts
The 5" might be a bit more difficult to conceal unless you're a big guy, but I can carry the 4" Service model without much problem. Of course, I always wear some sort of tucked shirt, so I don't have to worry about bending over and "printing" or showing the gun as much as people with untucked shirts would.

-James

·
Registered
115 Posts
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
The Wilderness Instructor Belt (1-1/2", 5 Stitch) gets my vote. :D
www.thewilderness.com
Not to hijack the thread, but I have one of these and find it totally impractical for weapon carry. It's not nearly stiff enough to support a full-size firearm. It does a pretty fair job of holding up my pants, though :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been carrying my XD9XS at about 4:30 in my jeans (no holster) around the house to get a feel for how I want to carry it. Honestly, I can barely tell it's there after a few minutes. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a IWB VM2 style holster next month. So your solution is to just buy a XDSC. :lol:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
XDfan said:
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
The Wilderness Instructor Belt (1-1/2", 5 Stitch) gets my vote. :D
www.thewilderness.com
Not to hijack the thread, but I have one of these and find it totally impractical for weapon carry. It's not nearly stiff enough to support a full-size firearm. It does a pretty fair job of holding up my pants, though :D

?

what do you use then? a 1-1/2 strip of sheet metal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts