Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to get done opinions from those running this XD in uspsa. looking at trying my have at uspsa and looking to get this gun for it and carry as well.
I know there are better ones but at this moment this is the one I am looking at getting but would like to hear some opinions on it please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yesterday there we're three guys on my squad shooting xd/xdm. I shoot any xdm in production, I'd suggest a xdm over the xd.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I got into USPSA with my XD 9mm 4 inch service model. Started with just the included holster and mag carrier in limited division so I could fill the 16 round mags. First replacement was bladetech holster, latter CR speed mag carriers and inner/outer belts. Got into single stack division after bought my Ruger SR1911 on 3May11. Back into limited last year with XD9, added PRP trigger kit and Dawson fiber optic front sight. Through all that also used the XD9 in production division for variety now and then, usually as second gun at matches. Two months ago bought custom 2011 in 40 cal shown in my avatar (major power factor has a slight advantage for scoring in Limited division). Continue to shoot XD9 as second gun in production division at matches.

Short version - XD9 is a great starter for matches and will serve you even if you go all in with other guns.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I currently shoot my XD9 in both IDPA and USPSA. It is a great all around gun for these competitions. If you just want to get out and shoot, you will be happy with it. If you are wanting to compete and I mean really compete with the top notch shooters, you probably won't be able to match their finely tuned and tricked out pistols though.
My XD9 was my first pistol and I do carry it occasionally as well. It is a great choice.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Had my first USPSA match this past summer(reloaded from my pocket because I didn't have the essentials package lol). Used the XD9 and it performed flawlessly! Good luck OP

·
Registered
609 Posts
I use a 5" XD Tactical for USPSA Production (although I am now experimenting with an M&P Pro). I've enjoyed using the XD though, and I can drive the gun very hard.

One benefit of the M of the original is that the XDm 5.25 comes with an adjustable rear sight. I paid Canyon Creek to fit one on my XD Tac, but it would have been nice if it had been included from the factory.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I no longer participate in USPSA, but when I did I used a XD9 Tactical 5" model. I sent it to Springer Precision and he installed a 3.5# comp trigger and Dawson sights (the front is f/o). She functioned perfectly for me. I don't recall anyone else shooting the XD model at the time, but that was 7-8 years ago. I think the XD and now the XDm have become more popular. They have many options/add-ons for upgrading the gun to suit your choice of competition sport shooting.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Its as good a choice as any other for Production. I do shoot a 4.5" at times. No better or worse than my preferred 34.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts