Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At $19 for one, much more then the pearce, but just wondering if anyone has tried one of these NDZ performance aluminum finger extensions. I kind of like the look

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I would have bought them instead of the Pierce extensions if they would have had them when I bought my XDs. I might still consider them although I would put grip tape on them.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have bought them instead of the Pierce extensions if they would have had them when I bought my XDs. I might still consider them although I would put grip tape on them.
yea im thinking of trying one with rubber grip adhesive vs my modified pearce

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm seeing a potential problem at the back of the extension.

The corners stick out a good bit -- same as with the Pearce extension. With the Pearce extension, the corner rubs against the heel of my hand and irritates it. A minute or two with a file or emery board fixes this but may not work so well with anodized aluminum.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm seeing a potential problem at the back of the extension.

The corners stick out a good bit -- same as with the Pearce extension. With the Pearce extension, the corner rubs against the heel of my hand and irritates it. A minute or two with a file or emery board fixes this but may not work so well with anodized aluminum.
I did this with my Pierce extensions and this would be my only concern with these extensions.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think I'd rather have the pearce for the simple fact that, since the pearce is plastic, you can cut/sand it down to whatever size you need. Make it just big enough to fit your fingers and no more.

There's no point in using the compact magazine if the aftermarket grip extention makes it print just as much as the full size magazine. If you're going to sacrifice the concealability you might as well get the extra rounds.

·
Premium Member
127,996 Posts
That looks sharp!

·
Registered
350 Posts
There's no point in using the compact magazine if the aftermarket grip extention makes it print just as much as the full size magazine. If you're going to sacrifice the concealability you might as well get the extra rounds.
This I agree with.

I wish they made a 6 round mag (and no, I'm not spending ~$30 for a mag to send off to be customized for another $30'ish (and fwiw, that IS worth the work on the mag).

And those extensions do like nice (in the pics I've seen).

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I address this in my video. It does not print as much as a mag extension. The increase in printing is significantly negligible.
"Significantly negligible" - now that right there is a phrase to remember!

But anyway, depending on how you carry it will print nearly as much as an extended mag without the benefit of two additional rounds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've never noticed any additional printing from the grip extenders. The back of the grip is what sticks out and prints for me not the front of the.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I've never noticed any additional printing from the grip extenders. The back of the grip is what sticks out and prints for me not the front of the.
Depends on where you carry, your body & clothing, and the cant of the gun / grip. For me, carrying at 3:00 with a fairly aggressive forward cant, it is the toe of the grip that prints, not the heel, so pointed extensions print more and the length of the grip matters as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
"Significantly negligible" - now that right there is a phrase to remember!

But anyway, depending on how you carry it will print nearly as much as an extended mag without the benefit of two additional rounds.

I'm built like a bean pole, carry IWB in a Theiss holster, and wear t shirts that are not what I'd call baggy. I find that the confidence the grip gives me is worth the basically unnoticeable difference in concealability.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Depends on where you carry, your body & clothing, and the cant of the gun / grip. For me, carrying at 3:00 with a fairly aggressive forward cant, it is the toe of the grip that prints, not the heel, so pointed extensions print more and the length of the grip matters as well.
This happens with me as well. I've owned and shot such a large variety of two finger gripped pistols while curling my pinky underneath that they feel the same as my full gripped guns.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts