Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

I've used LAX Ammo a few times to order brand name ammo & have it shipped to Illinois. And have been very happy with them and the service.

They also make their own brand of "Factory New" and do "Factory Reloads" as well. They had a Labor Day special of their 9mm 115g Factory New - 1500 rounds in a plastic Ammo can for $310 +$22 shipping. That plus the $10 FFL fee at my local shop bringing the total to $342.37.
Comes to 22.8¢/rnd. Reviews were mostly very positive so I took a chance.
And now have 1500 very shiny rounds waiting to be sent downrange.

Wonder if any of you have tried their brand of Factory New ammo and what you thought of it?
Couldn't resist making some arty photos….

Attachments

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Yeah, it's good stuff. You'll get 2-3 ftf's per 1000, not a bad deal though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have ordered their reloads from them twice (over 1500 rounds) and have yet to have a ftf. Great product at great pricing and a free ammo can to boot. What a deal!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have ordered their reloads from them twice (over 1500 rounds) and have yet to have a ftf. Great product at great pricing and a free ammo can to boot. What a deal!
That's great to hear. I thought it was a great deal and they've been a great supplier in the past.
Can't wait to try them out.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've ordered form them quite a few times. Great stuff! It shoots a bit hotter than Freedom Munitions at a better price. I had no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sorry you have to pay the FFL fee, most of us get it dropped on our front door.
I have bought a lot of 40cal from them with no problems.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry you have to pay the FFL fee, most of us get it dropped on our front door.
I have bought a lot of 40cal from them with no problems.
One of my trials for living in Chicago. But the extra $10 on a bulk order isn't so bad. I usually share these big orders with a friend- so it's really just $5 apiece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys New to the forum.just recently picked up my first gun. A XD 40 cal 5 inch tactical. I'm about 10 mins from LAX range and new to all this. What is the difference between factory new and reload? Sorry for the newb question. What's good fir range fire. S&W

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Hi guys New to the forum.just recently picked up my first gun. A XD 40 cal 5 inch tactical. I'm about 10 mins from LAX range and new to all this. What is the difference between factory new and reload? Sorry for the newb question. What's good fir range fire. S&W
Welcome to the forum.

New ammo uses new brass, reloads uses once (maybe more) fired brass. I have been shooting Freedom Munitions, LAX, and Georgia Arms reloads for several years with no issues.

I'm glad I don't live near LAX. Well, let me rephrase that...my wife is glad I don't live near LAX :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered 1000 rounds from them and am about half way through it. I've had about 5 or 6 FTFs that I reinserted into the magazine of my Sig P226 and they fired on the 2d try. Since I am just punching holes in paper it's fine.

Overall I'd order from them again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally had a chance to try out the LAX factory new 9mm
My buddy and I each shot at least 150 rounds with no problems at all.
I've got the XDM compact 9, he's got the HK P-30. Both happy.
They've got a nice snap to them. Almost +P feel.
Really happy with my bulk purchase.
Will definitely do it again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've shot a few thousand of their reloads with no issues, glad to hear their factory new are equally as good.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

New ammo uses new brass, reloads uses once (maybe more) fired brass. I have been shooting Freedom Munitions, LAX, and Georgia Arms reloads for several years with no issues.

I'm glad I don't live near LAX. Well, let me rephrase that...my wife is glad I don't live near LAX :lol:
The funny part is, it's more expensive in the shop. I kid you not. I drove up there to go to one of their Sunday sales and their online prices are MUCH cheaper. I just went home and bought the stuff online.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts