Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if it will fit and work properly on a 3.3" XDs because I can't get a straight answer out of Crimson Trace. "It should" "It might" and "call and order one to find out" are not suitable answers to me.

I also just can't get past the feeling that the LaserGuard will alter the feel too much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am curious if it will fit and work properly on a 3.3" XDs because I can't get a straight answer out of Crimson Trace. "It should" "It might" and "call and order one to find out" are not suitable answers to me.

I also just can't get past the feeling that the LaserGuard will alter the feel too much.
I have one on my .45 3.3, fits just fine. Am using a IWB White Hat holster with it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
How about so you have the option of firing the weapon without activating the laser or altering your grip? Or so the laser doesn't affect your grip by altering your middle finger position slightly which for some may lead to discomfort at the range?

·
Registered
708 Posts
how about so you have the option of firing the weapon without activating the laser or altering your grip? Or so the laser doesn't affect your grip by altering your middle finger position slightly which for some may lead to discomfort at the range?
Bingo!

·
Registered
12 Posts
In reading the reviews, it would seem the CMR-201 has an issue with going dim after a few shots. Anyone here experience this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Laserguard and yes it affects the grip. I really haven't had a problem with this. And yes, you can't turn it off. This is more annoying, at the range. But, in a SD situation, I doubt I'll mind.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Wingnut... exactly what I needed to know.

Von Halen, my reasons for choosing something other than the Laserguard were as mentioned... you can't turn it off and it affects the already very short grip. This is also about the smallest laser I have seen that will fit. I just didn't want one that was huge like the Viridian and the Armalaser Stingray is too long.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Wingnut... exactly what I needed to know.

Von Halen, my reasons for choosing something other than the Laserguard were as mentioned... you can't turn it off and it affects the already very short grip. This is also about the smallest laser I have seen that will fit. I just didn't want one that was huge like the Viridian and the Armalaser Stingray is too long.
I am leaning towards the Rail Master. I am just concerned with the reviews that say it can't take the punishment of more than a few shots, before it goes dim.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Certainly understandable. But I know CT will stand behind their products. I am hoping that was a design flaw that has been addressed. If not, I can always return it and try the Armalaser GTO. Just have to find out if it's going to hold up before I have a holster made I guess. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have the 203 and have used it on both my XDs .45 and my XDm .9 5.25. Never had any issues with it holding up or holding zero after several hundred rounds. But the 203 is a wee bit larger than the 201. So far I have yet to find any IWB holster that it will work with and still provide good retention for the XDs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup... that's why I am thinking a semi custom. I have talked to a couple of holster makers and would be willing to send them the laser so they could use it for actual fitting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 203 and have used it on both my XDs .45 and my XDm .9 5.25. Never had any issues with it holding up or holding zero after several hundred rounds. But the 203 is a wee bit larger than the 201. So far I have yet to find any IWB holster that it will work with and still provide good retention for the XDs.

Here is a link to the Whitehat holster that I purchased. I am very satisfied with it.

MaxTuck IWB Hybrid Holster - Jet Black Cowhide

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yup... that's why I am thinking a semi custom. I have talked to a couple of holster makers and would be willing to send them the laser so they could use it for actual fitting.
Cooks had options for the 201 and 203. But after recieving the holster it would not fit. I sent Bob the 203 since he assumed the 203 was the same fit as a 201. He ended up crediting me the original purchase and I then ordered another without the laser option. He may still be able to assist. Great holster.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have the laserguard and very big hands, I dont find I have to change the grip at all, or atleast enough to where its noticeable........if you want to shut it off at the range, you place a small piece of black electric tape over the laser.......bingo problem solved

My friend has the rail master in green on his 1911 tactical, its also a very nice quality piece, I may get the new railmaster pro on my XDM 45 home gun

1 - 20 of 28 Posts