Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use these in my Glocks. Been very happy with them. Wondered if anyone has tried the XD version, and if so, where is the cheapest place to buy them ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haven't tried ISMI. Very happy with the performance of Don's rod/spring combo.

Plus, he kicks back a little to help keep this site rolling! :D

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
No need to buy one when Don Rules the XD world. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Because Don is the greatest :shock: and the inventor of the
arrangement. Anything else is a knockoff.

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
DonK said:
mmm, looks like Don has this site sewn up tight
Sometimes it does seem that way, and even I cringe once in a while.

I think you are not getting answers because there is not a lot of experience with the ISMI rod, or with the Wolff rod. But the ones that have used them have liked them with a few problems, same as my design. If all three of us (designers) worked together we would probably have yet another design. There are minor problems issues with all of them, but usually none are functional issues that cannot be addressed.

As far as the comments that I kick back to the site, that is out of date. Kermee (Dan) the site owner was selling them on this forum, but then declined as his finances became more secure. I do need to work out with Kermee when my "commercial sponsor" moniker will go away, but for a time when money was tight for the forum owner I donated 100% of the sales to the forum. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I have this once and now I'll shut up.

Bottom line is that if I quit selling guide rods I would still be a part of this forum. I like the pistol, and the members here, and so they tend to defend me. So just give more time for the other brand owners to chime in. :D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Doesn't the wolff guide rod use a proprietary spring, as in you can only use their's with their guide rod, where as with Don's, you could use another brand (but why would you anyways?)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use Dons guide rod in my XD 40.Works great for me have a 22lb spring but im going to buy some lighter springs and experiment a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts