Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Be fore warned if you plan to replace the barrel nut. It is different. I talked to Andy at MI and he'd never scene anything like it and suggested a pipe wrench if i didn't plan to reuse the nut. He also suggested contacting Springfield Armory tech support. They had no idea what to tell me. It was SUPER tight too. I basically scarred the crap out of it getting it off. It has grooves that look like a spanner wrench might work, but that mutha was tight. The MI hand guard comes with a new barrel nut and barrel nut wrench though.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Runs like a top.
I love it. I never suppressed my original Saint Pistol, but I also got an Edge Pistol in and that is easy to suppress since the threads are exposed past the handguard. If the Govt will finish aproving the form 3 I have a Surefire 300 SPS coming from the distributor that will be perfect for the Edge.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Really liking the Saint shorty. Zero issues so far. Can't bring myself to cut up the hand guard yet.
It's aluminum so it will cut pretty easily and you can mark and cut the handguard, leaving the top picatinny part still attached so you won't lose your front sight base. then take a dremel and debur the cut edges, polish and then coat with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black to turn it back to a black color that will make it look like it came from the factory that way... i've done something like this with one of my AR's hand guards and it turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve got both the Victor .308 rifle and edge pistol 5.56. I use a Lane Titanium magnum .308 can on both. The tread adapter gives me that little extra Needed to clear the guards on the pistol to give it a tight thread lock. Love my can. Shoot everything from .17hmr/.22 sub to .300 Ultra through that can. Also like the fact if I have any problems with it or need new rings, damage etc. I live about 5 miles away and have had a good business relationship with the owners before I realized they owned Lane also. Great friendly hard working people

21 - 38 of 38 Posts