Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Anybody successfully suppressed the Saint pistol yet? The problem i'm seeing is interference with the hand guard. SA tells me the I.D. of the hand guard is 1.25". I'm not against hanging a bigger I.D. hand guard. Just prefer to save the $ if possible. Most cans are in the 1.5" O.D. range.

I've got a can that will run on the 7.5" barrel and threaded the same as the 1/2-28 muzzle. Just curious if anyone has attempted it yet.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
I have not been able to put a can on mine either, if the barrel threads were just past the end of the hanguard that would be sweet. If you find a a handguard that works follow up with us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not been able to put a can on mine either, if the barrel threads were just past the end of the hanguard that would be sweet. If you find a a handguard that works follow up with us.
I can mill off the end of the handguard to expose the barrel threads. That will likely cause me to lose the forward section of picatinny and any hope of a front B.U.S. though.

That or a shorter, stock, handguard will likely be a cheaper option than a decent 10" barrel to get the threads exposed.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Same situation I was in with the MCX. You either have to wait until one of the aftermarket companies makes something for you, or get creative.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
A lot of newer handguard designs are "low profile".

Lightweight.

And a host of other adjectives to describe "smaller diameter".

They are not for anyone who plans to suppress a gun and cover the suppressor with the handguard.

You could always replace the barrel nut and handguard with one that will work though. And would be a lot cheaper to build your own altogether. You can build it to your spec for under $450 any day of the week and save the rest of your money for ammo or optic or put toward the can and the tax.

edit: most manufacturers frown on using their cans on barrels less than 10.5" due to the increased erosion the baffles see due to heat and unburned powder and the likes.

example:

Reactions: HB of CJ

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
On the way.
Cool. You will be the only person I've heard of that will actually own one. Well, except for @ajamesp51 , he doesn't count because he is kind of a big deal.

Good luck, I hope it's everything you expect it to be. Make sure you come back and give us a review and photos.

BTW, red Xs are mean. Don't be mean.

Snoochie boochies.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. You will be the only person I've heard of that will actually own one. Well, except for @ajamesp51 , he doesn't count because he is kind of a big deal.

Good luck, I hope it's everything you expect it to be. Make sure you come back and give us a review and photos.

BTW, red Xs are mean. Don't be mean.

Snoochie boochies.
Gotcha.

PM sent.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I imagine that since it's an AR with a 7.5" barrel, it will probably suppress just like any other AR with a 7.5" barrel. I've got a buddy that has one. It works fine, and just like any DI AR suppressed, it's dirty and gassy. I suggest wearing sealed eye protection when shooting.

Also, what suppressor are you using? SilencerCo, Dead Air, Rugged? My experience was with a SilencerCo Saker 762.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I imagine that since it's an AR with a 7.5" barrel, it will probably suppress just like any other AR with a 7.5" barrel. I've got a buddy that has one. It works fine, and just like any DI AR suppressed, it's dirty and gassy. I suggest wearing sealed eye protection when shooting.

Also, what suppressor are you using? SilencerCo, Dead Air, Rugged? My experience was with a SilencerCo Saker 762.
Griffin, Recce 5. Rated for 7.5" barrel. Many are not.

I have the Recce 7 for 762 also and it's a pretty sweet can too. Highly recommend the Recce stuff w/minimalist mount. The POI shift is with that mount is as advertised.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Griffin, Recce 5. Rated for 7.5" barrel. Many are not.

I have the Recce 7 for 762 also and it's a pretty sweet can too. Highly recommend the Recce stuff w/minimalist mount. The POI shift is with that mount is as advertised.
Maaaaan, I love Griffin suppressors. I really want one of those Optimus 9s. That, plus a .358 Winchester would be one hell of a brush combo!

Reactions: CRAIG4FSU

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes I did. My range time was cut short but I put 50 rounds through it and the pistol performed flawlessly. Going to enjoy this one!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts