Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I concur that Magnus bullets (at least in 9mm) performed poorly. They were sized a bit small for 9mm (cast bullets in 9mm are best sized .3565). The Magnus was closer to .355 (which is OK for FMJ bullets).

I no longer use cast lead or swagged lead as I use an indoor range and the smoke and lead exposure is not worth it. I find Berry's and Ranier's plated bullets to be accurate and affordable (Cabelas has a maximum shipping per order of $13 so if you buy lots of bullets, it's inexpensive). Also, Zerobullets.com (go to the Roze distribution link) ships free....

I've read about Keadbullets.com for hard cast bullets and they are supposed to be cheap and good (they say their bullets are hard enough you can use them in Glocks). They are also inexpensive and shipping I think is a flat $8 per order....

Oh and Kead will sell you a trial package of I think 100 bullets for $4 shipped. I would definately try a few before buying 1000 or more bullets, but I am confident that Berry's or Rainer's will work fine for you....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts