Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XD 40 sub and was wondering does anyone shoot IDPA with their XD? I'm about to start IDPA and can't decide between using my XD or my Glock 27.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
JesterXD40 said:
glock would be better, you'd shoot stock service with it, but esp with the XD
Not a true statement. ESP has nothing to do with gear or ability. My XD runs with the best out there. The shooter's ability is more important than the gun itself.

In SSP, you are going to have 3 times the competitors in most cases, because of all of the Glocks. Why not run with a more refined group, IMHO.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I shoot in IDPA. I started with a Ruger 97 a .45 caliber pistol. Then changed to a Ruger 95 a 9-mm pistol. I could never master the double single thing. I now shoot IDPA with my XD-9. It helps me shoot better from the first shot to the last. I am not in the top shooters, but have a great time. And IDPA has made me a safer more confident shooter.

-- Richard

·
Registered
209 Posts
I shoot IDPA with a XD-9 service and my wife shoots it with her XD-9 SC. They work just fine for IDPA type events. The SC is more than accurate enough to do just fine in these events.

Use whichever pistol your comfortable with or carry.

The whole ESP vs SSP thing is overblown. The only place that makes a difference is during the classifer (IMHO.) I am competitive with guys using 9mm 1911s and Hi-Powers in ESP class with the XD. While the whole Glock in SSP vs XD in ESP is annoying, I don't see it making any practical difference.

·
Registered
141 Posts
baa,

you are correct. Plus with 9-mm the ammo is cheaper. I buy 1000 round of CCI Blazer at Acadmey for $84.00 including Oklahoma tax. I shoot and carry the XD9.

-- Richard

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use to think like Jester, that a Glock would be better due to the fact that I would be able to shoot stock service pistol & enhanced both, but then I realized that I was letting IDPA & BIll Wilson influnce what I shoot. I now mostly shoot XD's, and now for the amazing part if it I shoot better and rank higher with the XD than I every did the Glocks.
My point is, don't let the sport influnce what you shoot, shoot what you like & what feels right to you, IDPA is a great sport.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I shoot my 40 in IDPA,been twice and place third last weekend in esp. Just need to work on hitting the longer range targets more accuratly is all.
i dont mind not shooting with the glocks not as many in the esp class. One thing i have noticed though is that the 9 mills take a few more shots to get the steel tagets knocked over where as the 40 one hit and falls but there isnt that many steel targets in the matches anyway. ESP TOTAL
# NAME DIV CLASS TOTAL
1 Terry Burba ESP EX 99.58
2 Alan Colley ESP EX 101.58
3 Mark Smith ESP UN 158.94
4 Jamison Humphres ESP UN 159.76
5 Adam Stephan ESP UN 161.81
6 Aaron Armstrong ESP UN 187.15
7 Jason Armstrong ESP UN 190.59
8 David Wongwai ESP MM 205.22
9 Julianna Crowder ESP UN 265.47
10 Clay Dumais ESP UN 308.80

Im third on the list under the 2 exsperts my times were close to theres just not my accuracy so more points more time added on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd shoot IDPA with whatever you handed me. Regardless of your equipment it's a good time, and there's nothing that says you can't shoot your glock one weekend and your XD the next.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
markas70 said:
I shoot my 40 in IDPA,been twice and place third last weekend in esp. Just need to work on hitting the longer range targets more accuratly is all.
i dont mind not shooting with the glocks not as many in the esp class. One thing i have noticed though is that the 9 mills take a few more shots to get the steel tagets knocked over where as the 40 one hit and falls but there isnt that many steel targets in the matches anyway. ESP TOTAL
# NAME DIV CLASS TOTAL
1 Terry Burba ESP EX 99.58
2 Alan Colley ESP EX 101.58
3 Mark Smith ESP UN 158.94
4 Jamison Humphres ESP UN 159.76
5 Adam Stephan ESP UN 161.81
6 Aaron Armstrong ESP UN 187.15
7 Jason Armstrong ESP UN 190.59
8 David Wongwai ESP MM 205.22
9 Julianna Crowder ESP UN 265.47
10 Clay Dumais ESP UN 308.80

Im third on the list under the 2 exsperts my times were close to theres just not my accuracy so more points more time added on.
If steel is calibrated properly, it should fall just as readily to 9mm as to 40S&W, with proper hits, of course. The sport is supposed to test the skill and ability of the participants, not the power of the cartridge used.

BTW, I have shot with Terry (Bubba) Burba in several state matches, mostly in N.C. I actually beat him a few years ago, we were shooting CDP at the time. Good guy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glade you like him,guess he is ok just dont know him to well, dont like the way he gets scored on some of his shots just because i guess but thats another story and its all in fun for me anyway

·
Registered
80 Posts
I shoot IDPA with my XD9 service. I love it. ESP doesn't matter. Shoot whatever you feel most comfortable with... so i'm sure that's the XD :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts