Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows who can finish a slide like this please let me know. I love the chrome with the black. Please someone let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
awesome , i wanna know too :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Beautiful. Unfortunately hi gloss isn't very practical, or pretty after you touch it a few times. I really like that though, especially with the black accents.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Red is still trying to sell his polished XD, last time I checked. He spent a lot of time polishing it to get that mirror finish. I think it looks sharp, and if I was in the market for an XD I'd buy it in a second. Look on the Trading Post for it. I think he's willing to give it up at an incredibly reasonable price. :D

He also ought to price how much he'd charge to polish another one like that.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Didn't he just tear all of the bluing off and polish that?

It's not polished STAINLESS, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
259 Posts
to blacken the grooves and keep them that way.... keep it black, put playdough or semi hard clay that sticks inside the grooves/crevice then polish with a buffer and high shine compound.... then get a flat surface, spray 'extremely fine grit sandpaper' maybe 1000 grit (you will need a few of these) with 'aerosol glue' and apply it to the flat surface, put the XD slide on the surface and "lap" it until all the black is gone, then buff again until shine is satisfactory....its like "hand lapping" then remove the playdough. it would be better to get the sights off before doing this. Or get it chromed and go over it with a oil based paint from the model car hobby section. I would get it chromed due to the potential of rusting but my option is cheaper.

YouTube - Cyl. Head lapping

now if anyone can help me..........
im trying to take the "trigger safety lever" off to chrome it
so it can look like this...

. i already took it apart ,hit the pin on the trigger lever with the correct size roll pin punch ,hard! in a soft-jaw jeweler vice and still nothing,it didnt budge. i've managed only scatch the paint and scare the cat... the closest thing iv'e found to "schematics" on doing this was a crude drawing ....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts