Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've got a coupon on the back page good for tomorrow for 50% off all ammunition (limit 6 boxes). It's got a pic of 22 thunderbolt but does say ALL AMMO below it. Do you think its referring to just Remington or all brands?

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
I will check it out! Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I saw the coupon this morning, but I thought it said, "Buy one box, get one box at half price, limit 6 boxes."

Could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure. I'll have to dig it out again and double check.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
I saw the coupon this morning, but I thought it said, "Buy one box, get one box at half price, limit 6 boxes."

Could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure. I'll have to dig it out again and double check.
You are correct. I knew it sounded too good to be true!

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
:mrgreen:Thanks! I overlooked that one. I'll be heading to Dicks tomorrow mornig - early.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I, got the same ad, todays paper. This one does say you need ad coupon to get sale price and only good on Nov. 28 from 5am-2pm and no rain checks. Went to the local Dick's the otherday to see how much ammo they had, not very much. But I, will be there early just in case to get .223s because our new baby is real hungry.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was at Dick's near me yesterday to take advantage of the existing ammo sale...

they had NO 9mm except for 5 boxes of American Eagle. That's ALL.

They weren't even supposed to give out Rain Checks - and the Black Friday sales will have the same restrictions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dicks in upstate SC has been out of Remington 9 for few weeks. I do have a raincheck at 7.98/box for ten boxes, but its not any good if they can't get ammo.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Yes, this coupon can be used for bulk-pack boxes. It doesn't add up to huge savings, though, since Dick's bulk-pack pricing is higher than what you can find online or at gunshows.

They run these coupons pretty regularly, though. No need to be there at 5am.
I did the math too. Add in the sales tax, time and gas to get there.... screw it. When I have stopped by they never have anything in stock.

·
Registered
200 Posts
They named the store correctly! They are always out of most ammo except birdshot, and they never offer a rain check, even when you ask for one. When you explain that you drove all the way there just to buy their ADVERTISED ammo, they just look at you like (the store name) and don't care.
One employee promised me they would have a delivery the next Friday. When I went back...no ammo. When asked about the shipment, another employee told me "that guy always lies":(

·
Registered
725 Posts
I haven't had too much trouble with them, I've been buying ammo for over two years from them. I bought a shotgun from them once and it took forever, they make you sign all these forms that are not legally required, and they have to get the manager to look over all the forms before you can buy it. What a joke. But for ammo, It's pretty good. The one I usually go to is attached to the mall, so I can bring the GF too.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts

****, I'm not going. I guess I didn't read my ad too closely.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I got caught up in the excitement! :(

Went to Dicks when I got off work. It was about 3:30 in the morning. Drove by Dick's and there were three people there by the door. 1 old guy and 2 girls about 19-20 years old. They said they were going to open at 4:45. So I got a cup of coffee and went back. Still the 3 people there. Asked the old guy what was he buying? 38 special he said. Girls were buying camo for their boyfriends. OK. About 4am now. What the hell. May as well stay. Went into Giant Eagle and bought $200.00 worth of Dick's gift cards. We get fuel perks for buying at GE (food store). Fuel perks are now worth 20 cents off per gallon of gas per $50.00 gift card purchase. Limit of 30 gals of gas which I always get my full 30 gals. So I get 80 cents off per gallon times 30 gals, so I save $24.00.

About 4:30 now. More people in line. AMMO BUYERS!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!

OK.... doors open. Race (fast walk) to the ammo counter. Old guy gets two boxes of .38 ammo. I look down at the .223. Four 150 rd boxes of Ultramax (reloads) and I have bought them and used them with no problems for general plinking around. $65.00 per 150 rounds. Tell the guy......give me all four boxes! See they also have the 200 rd packs of UMC .223. Only two boxes. $119.00 per 200 rounds. Give me those also! Got my six box limit. .223 is now gone except for some 20 round boxes of Remington.

Take 'em to the check out. Total amount with tax............$398.00. Damn. Should have bought $400.00 worth of gift cards. :(

Also got a $20.00 gift card with my purchase. Had to use it another time and couldn't use it for the ammo.

OK..............400 rounds of UMC, 600 rounds of UltraMax...............1000 rounds.
$398. for ammo. Less the $24.00 in fuel savings and the $20.00 gift card..........total amount is $354.00.

Should have gone straight home. :(

Let this be a lesson to y'all. Could have got it cheaper on the internet. Oh well. Live and learn. Some times I am amazed by my stupidity. :( :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Please post where I can get 1000 rounds of .223 ammo for $354 delivered right now.

Bear in mind most sources are WINCHESTER on ammo levels right now.

And your math doesn't jive with the stated advertisement.

4 boxes @ $65 a box is $260
2 boxes @ $119 a box is $238

Total $498

With 50% off that should have come to $249 total for the ammo before tax.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Cannibul the add is buy one get one 50% off. So the ammo should be 373.50 without tax. I'm stocking up on whatever they got. I'm in dire need of 9mm and I have only a few rounds of .223... and when I say a few I mean like 5. :lol: They also got paintballs, 2000 for 20 bucks.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Went and looked this morning. Did the math and it's still cheaper at Walmart (Essentially 25% off 6 boxes of ammo, but prices were about 30% more than Wally World for the ammo I was interested in.) Walked out and didn't buy a thing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts