Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone at all prefer the Xd over the XDm in 9mm? The 'M' factor seems to have so many more features that I was wondering if anyone still prefers the XD.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I chose the XD over XDm when I bought my CCW. Just couldn't justify spending the extra money on pretty much the exact same gun. Doesn't mean I wont buy XDm next time though.

What features are you talking about that the "m" has and the XD doesn't? Other than the grip, and no dry fire for disassemble, I can't think of another difference...

·
Registered
201 Posts
My wife definitely does. To be fair, it could be that her XD9sc is the first gun she picked out herself.

After shooting both, I like the trigger a bit better on the XDm; but I wouldn't trade up because of that. For the difference in price (around here anyway), I could buy an aftermarket trigger light years ahead of the XDm trigger, and still have money left over for some ammo to practice with.

·
Registered
224 Posts
they are both good guns. I've shot both in 9mm and had great grouping with both guns. I suggest get your hands on them and shoot them that will be the tell for you.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I liked the feel of the XD 45c over the XDm. If I want a "big" .45 I'll go with the FNP 45.

·
Premium Member
128,276 Posts
Whatever floats your boat, but I prefer the XD. In fact, I have three of them.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have two xd's and one xdm. The xdm with pachmayr grip feels really great in my hand but so does the xd 45 with pachmayr. They both have Springer triggers. I don't know that I prefer one over the other. The 45 is my truck gun,xdm sits on the night stand. Have an xd SC 40 that is nice, but I really want to try a xdm SC or a 220 comp.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I like the XD over the M for the simple fact that it does not come in a SC format. My XDsc fits just perfect inside my glove box inside an small padded zippered Allen case. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I chose the XD over XDm when I bought my CCW. Just couldn't justify spending the extra money on pretty much the exact same gun. Doesn't mean I wont buy XDm next time though.

What features are you talking about that the "m" has and the XD doesn't? Other than the grip, and no dry fire for disassemble, I can't think of another difference...
Okay maybe I misspoke a little. I am sure that you are more familiar with both guns than I am. I wasn't aware of the fact that the XD has a lot of the features of the XDm. I am just looking for people who are happy with their XD as I can get a pretty good deal on one.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Okay maybe I misspoke a little. I am sure that you are more familiar with both guns than I am. I wasn't aware of the fact that the XD has a lot of the features of the XDm. I am just looking for people who are happy with their XD as I can get a pretty good deal on one.
I am very happy with my XD's. and if you can get a good deal on one....you will have $100+ to spend on ammo, holsters, range bags..ect.

·
Registered
91 Posts
MA friend has the XDm, which he prefers. I shot it and it shoots great but I bought the XD just because it felt better in my hand than the M did. Both great guns, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
The XD feels better in my hand. The XDm shoots great but for some reason it feels small or thin in my hand. Not just in the back strap but over all.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
$450.00. brand new. No tax no shipping.
That seems like a good deal to me. I got mine for $460 but paid tax. You may be getting the "essentials" package for that price which means no holster, speed loader, and mag pouch. I use none of those so the "essentials" package is what I got.

I, too, like the XD over the XDm. I rented an XDm again just a few weeks ago to see if I still felt that way. I rented both while shopping and shot the regular XD better. Sure enough, I still like the plain ole' XD.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The xdm feels good in my hand, but the truth is, I shoot my xdsc better than my xdm 4.5. That may change with time as I get to shoot the m more. At this point if I had to make a choice, the xd would be it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
$450.00. brand new. No tax no shipping.
If it were me, the gun would already be in my possession :D

That seems like a good deal to me. I got mine for $460 but paid tax. You may be getting the "essentials" package for that price which means no holster, speed loader, and mag pouch. I use none of those so the "essentials" package is what I got.

I, too, like the XD over the XDm. I rented an XDm again just a few weeks ago to see if I still felt that way. I rented both while shopping and shot the regular XD better. Sure enough, I still like the plain ole' XD.
That's probably true. I only use the speed loader, so I agree, spending the extra money on the stuff you will probably never use seems pointless.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts