Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's a Draper... as the blade designates LOL. Anyone know who Harvey Draper was or have any of his knives?

My dad paid him $65 to make this knife back in like 1970. It's worth a LOT more than that now.

It's never really been used for anything except to show how sharp it is by shaving arm hair. Yes, it's still razor sharp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, that is a model 19 fighting bowie.
Here is a bit of info on Harvey Draper knives:
Harvey Draper Knives
website by a collector friend of mine with a sizeable collection of Harvey, Bart, and Kent Draper knives. I have 15 of my own plus catalogs. Harvey and his son Bart started Draper knives in the mid sixties, Bart left in 1971-1972. Harveys son Kent was a young boy at the time but became a fairly well known maker in the 80's and 90's. Harvey died in a plane crash in 1982, Kent was killed in 1996. Bart worked as a lineman but made knives part time and still makes knives in Utah. The website has a lot of info.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YAY! Someone knows!

Yeah, I've poured over that site a few times... great stuff!

I wish he would have bought more than one... it's a gorgeous knife. I'm glad to have it. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I'm shining it up some... I don't think the brass on this knife had been polished since it was purchased... I dunno, maybe once or twice. I'll get it shinier and take some more pics and put up here soon. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts