Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members. I recently purchased some GeePlates for my Glock Gen 4 G27 subcompact. I have talked with the owner about making some for the XDs. They would be ideal when trying to use the 5 round mag to maintain the smallest size grip for carry. The GeePlates are basically a baseplate, that adds some stability when using the 5 round mags. The front of the baseplate is designed to extend out to give you a finger rest when using the two finger grip without adding any additional length to your carry gun's grip. It replaces the stock baseplate without adding any length to the grip There used to be another manufacturer that did similar base plates, but is no longer in business.
The owner is looking for someone who owns a XDs 45 and 9mm that would loan him their pistols for a week, so he can make a prototype. He can be reached at www.GeePlate.com He is a sponsor on GlockTalk, and would probably become a sponsor for XDtalk.com as well. Nice guy who goes above and beyond to service his customers. Please let me know if you contact him. Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’d like a couple of those for my XDE !

I just got a email back from the owner (Tomer) a few minutes ago. Do you live close to the Plano, Texas area? Great product for subcompacts with a short grip length. Especially if you can only get a two finger grip. It gives a steadier grip without making it longer like Pierce Grips, and several other manufacturers, etc. Important feature for concealed carry. Please contact him direct a www.GeePlate.com and express your interest.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys.

I’m here for feedback.

Basically, making the design is not hard. I will need a loaner gun and I can design and prototype.

Then, depending on demand, I can manufacture them via injection molding like I do with the other plates or I can use a 3rd party service like Shapeways.com to have them 3D print them on demand. The have high quality printers and can do a good job at it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys.

I’m here for feedback.

Basically, making the design is not hard. I will need a loaner gun and I can design and prototype.

Then, depending on demand, I can manufacture them via injection molding like I do with the other plates or I can use a 3rd party service like Shapeways.com to have them 3D print them on demand. The have high quality printers and can do a good job at it.

Glad to see you have joined our site, and hope that a member will get a loaner gun to you soon. I love my GeePlates on my Glock G27 subcompact.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why can’t you just use a plate from a stock gun and then modify it as you do. Why would you need the gun, I would think just the stock plate or mabe just the magazine ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why can’t you just use a plate from a stock gun and then modify it as you do. Why would you need the gun, I would think just the stock plate or mabe just the magazine ?
In order for me to get the fit and feel right I need to test the prototype on the gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here’s where I am at with the prototype. Let’s see a show of hands from anyone who wants to see this available for purchase.

This is a prototype right now. The final product will be black injection molded plastic like our other GeePlates.

4EEFBCDE-BDDC-413E-8700-3302E408075D.jpeg
6BDFB1CD-F987-48E3-8F28-97B5B3D89D57.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts