Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've been told my order of mags & things from SA will take 2-4 weeks to happen due to their backlog, does anyone know if I can call them and cancel it? I know I can call them Monday and find out, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Since I've been told my order of mags & things from SA will take 2-4 weeks to happen due to their backlog, does anyone know if I can call them and cancel it? I know I can call them Monday and find out, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.
Why wouldn't you? As long as you have an order number, or if not they can look you up in the system, I can't imagine you couldn't cancel.

Given SA's sterling customer service, I'd be amazed if you couldn't cancel. The only exception might be if the order is in the middle of fulfillment and thus can't be stopped, but it sounds like it's a ways away from that.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
But why? You didn't actually pay anything for the mags, they are a free promotion. Granted a long wait time sucks but you aren't loosing anything by waiting. Just go about your life and when they show up it will be a nice surprise!

I should have my order sent in by the 24th, then as long as they have some, I know I will get 2 free mags eventually. When doesn't affect me reguardless.

Just a thought

·
Registered
463 Posts
I dont think he's talking about the free promo mags, I think he's talking about additional mags that he order.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
eewwwww well then never mind me! Ha! Yeah, I'm tired I just actually read his post. Sorry about that

DISREGARD!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup...I ordered some extras, but Midway has them for $6 less. They are also backordered but the website says they'll be in on the 19th, and I'm going to order some other stuff as well so I wanted to see about just getting my mags from them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
With Midway just because they give a stocking date does not mean they will have them then. I have seen this numerous times before... YMMV

·
Registered
902 Posts
You should have no problem canceling with SA if they are not already en route.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if not, it's no big deal. I've already called them enough on this order that I think I'm on a first name basis with everyone in customer service. I may just let it ride and have two hats :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts